Sea is life 5
Location: Murter Island, Croatia
Period: 01/08/2016 – 30/01/2016
Deadline: 23 July 2016
We are looking for one long term EVS volunteer to spend 6 months on Murter island, starting early August. You will become a part of Argonauta team helping us with our educational activities for children and youth. Another EVS volunteer is already waiting here for you!
Association Argonauta was founded in 2005, and is based in town Murter at the Island of Murter (Croatia). Our strategic direction and goals in period 2014-2016 are:
*Conservation of natural, environmental and cultural heritage
*Encouragement of civil activism and multi-stakeholder cooperation with the aim of improving the quality of life
Trough activities that encourage civic engagement Argonauta plans in next three year period to continue work on activism in the community by organizing and taking part in international youth exchanges and hosting/sending volunteers through European Voluntary Service etc.
Our organization is designing and implementing about 6 – 8 different project per year, all projects are in connection with Vision and Mission of the organization.
OUR VISION: Satisfied people as a part of an active community that manages its own resources with the respect of sustainable development principles.
OUR MISION: Contributing to sustainable development of the community through conservation and promotion of heritage, encouragement of civil activism and multi-stakeholder cooperation and development of social entrepreneurship.
For more info check out http://www.argonauta.hr
There are many activities that we plan to involve EVS volunteers in. We can group them as follows:
1. Educational Programs on biodiversity topics – help in developing and implementing
2. School in Nature programs – help in planing and implementing field work (Kornati trips, Eco-patrol, School Garden)
3. Public Campaigns – networking with Youth for Environment Europe NGO network for joint campaigns
We plan the following activities in which EVS volunteers will have a chance to take part:
– to assist in daily update of youth INFO-point;
– to help in organizing local community events (voluntary actions);
– to help in developing short EVS project;
– to help in implementing youth exchanges;
– to assist in writing different project proposals;
– to help in regularly update of http://www.argonauta.hr;
– to assist in the administration facebook profile of the Argonauta association;
– to make connections with other EU and neighboring countries EVS accredited organizations (firstname.lastname@example.org );
– to assist in establish communication with the organizations/institutions in volunteers homecountries;
– to translate short announcements for the web in English or mother tounge;
– to promote Argonauta`s profile at social networks;
– to help in daily maintain of sea aquarium;
– to assist in designing, organizing and implementing creative workshops and materials on the topics of environmental protection, marine ecosystems and its biodiversity (children 5-8 years);
– to assist in promoting Educational Center Summer Children Program – creating and putting up posters, leaflet design and dealing daily in Summer months;
– to assist in the interpretation of Kornati archipelago biodiversity for visitors using different means available at the Centre;
– to assist in Argonauta`s presentations at different fairs and festivals in the County;
– to assist in organizing the school in nature activities (for young people aged 12-18 years);
– to present its country (values, tradition,…) by holding presentations about their countries in local primary school;
– to have a creative input in picture books or puppet shows to be released by Argonauta;
– to assist in all other work that is on going in organization;
– to open and update BLOG on EVS experience;
– to help in producing digital media promoting the work of organization and EVS program (short video and radio forms);
– to take part in different workshops organized by Argonauta within other projects.
Please send us your Europass CV and motivational letter, both on English, on email@example.com until 23.07.2016.