- Contact person: Associazione Oltre
- Organisation: Oltre Associazione Culturale
- Location: Bologna, Italy
- Deadline: 18/01/2013
- Start: 07/10/2013
- End: 04/08/2014
1 placements in Bologna for EVS on PARTICIPATION, SOCIAL INCLUSION & URBAN ENVIRONMENT-10 months
The EVS project activities will take place mainly in Bologna in the headquarters of the association at il B.U.C.O. (Via Zago 11, Bologna) which today is a multipurpose space of continuous work in progress.
The EVS volunteers will contribute actively to organization and implementation of the following projects:
1) Volunteer will be involved in regular activities of B.U.C.O. (permanent)
Il BUCO is a space created beneath an arch of Stalingrado bridge in the San Donato district in Bologna. In 2007 Oltre… has rented this place and opened a “self-construction site” with the help of many volunteers which is now an autonomous space, and operational headquarters of the association. In addition to being the office and warehouse this is a place of institutional activities, initiatives, workshops and cultural events organized in collaboration with other organizations.
2) In 2012 was launched Z-a.g.o. (Zona agricola giardino orto) a project of participatory urban gardening to transform the area outside the office from a partially degraded area, where incidents of petty crime or drug dealing might happen, into an artistic, open and green space for the neighborhood.
2) Organization of the International Soup Festival (April 2014)
A popular and playful competition of soups that is a pretext to create exchange in the urban space and to create a joyful renewal of community practices while sensitizing participants to environmental sustainable behaviours.
All volunteers are required: – great motivation – good communication and relational skills – ability to work both independently and in teams taking on their responsibilities – want to get involved To support the organization of events is required: – basic knowledge of English and/or French and or/Italian – basic knowledge of Word and Excel, Internet browser, e-mail. For the realization of workshops and events is required: – attitude to manual labor and construction in artistic and craft – an interest in technical issues (sound engineer, lighting technician, video). —- The tasks that might be assigned to volunteers are: – Design, programming, implementation, participation and coordination of activities and workshops in the headquarters and other places − finding materials − Graphic design and construction material − fittings − collaboration and participation in initiatives of other realities − update files and administrative documents − inventory − translation of texts − implementation of research-anthropological-sociological-economic statistics and data processing − processing and preparation of projects − promotion and communication − public relations and meetings with institutions − maintenance activities of the area − logistical support − volunteer recruitment and training of working groups − support in the press office, updating the website and pages on social networks − audiovisual and photographic material realization − Maintenance of the green and the urban garden in front of the headquarters, − activities in support of hospitality when partners exchange projects in Europe are in Bologna.
1) Full availability for the period of the service (October 2013-August 2014)and for the preparatory and return phase with your sending organization 2)good motivation related to Participation, Social Inclusion and Environment proposed project clearly explained in your “motivation letter” 3) good communication and relational skills 4) ability to work both independently and in teams and capacity taking on their responsibilities 5) additional criteria: priority will be given to volunteers that already cooperate with a Sending Organization involved in Urban development, Environment, Participatory practices, organization of street events or festivals. Finally, to support the organization of events is required (organizational profile): – basic knowledge of English and/or French and/or Italian – basic knowledge of Word and Excel, Internet browser, e-mail. For the realization of workshops and events is required: – attitude to manual labor and construction in artistic and craft – an interest in technical issues (sound engineer, lighting technician, video).
Candidates should carefully check their profile and the requested ones as well as their availability for the duration of the project. Please, send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by January 18th 🙂 Additional documentation and a skype call might be required before the final selection! 🙂