Vacancy for EVS Volunteer in Austria
Contact person: Brigitte Hagenauer
Coordinating organisation: Jugendinfo NÖ
Host: KREAMONT : http://www.jugendinfo-noe.at/
Location: St. Andrä Wördern , Austria
The hosting organisation KREAMONT is a montessori school for kids and younsters.
more details on the evs database 2011-AT-24
Learning outcomes: During his EVS the volunteer should learn more about the own personality. We think it is a special experience for young persons to work abroad and to speak another language. Our volunteer should develop own ideas and a common understandig for children and their own personalities.
The volunteer should also learn to work in a team.He/ she will also learn more about our pedagogical principels and to work together with children.
Role of the EVS Volunteer:
Our Volunteer should assist our teachers and support the children by their school everyday life.
The volunteer will not replace a teacher and he or she will not responsible for admintrative work.
The main tasks:
– the volunteer should enrich our daily work with his/ her inputs concerning his/ her home country
– support our pedagogical staff – prepare different methods like presentations, project work, theatre , games, exhibitions and so on.
– Being available for questions and problems (support the children)
– Learn, play and talk with the children (listen to them, explain them some different things,…)
– Inform our children about typical things, traditions and customs of the own country (playing typical games, reading stories, singing songs,…)
– Create own ideas
Our school everyday life starts at 08:00 a. m and finishes at 01:00 p.m. During this time all the teachers are present.
08:00 – 08:15 Arrival and start of the lessons
08:15 – 09:00 Meeting of the regular groups (8 – 10 children and one teacher)
09:00 – 11:45 Free study time or work on different project
11:45 – 12:15 Making order and meeting of regular groups
12:15 – 13:00 Departure of the children
please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org witha CV and Motivation letter.