Project name: Life opportunities
Venue: Bucharest, Romania
EVS period: 01 July 2014 – 30 june 2015 (12 months)
Deadline for application: 20th September 2013
We are looking for 5 volunteers to participate in our EVS project “Life opportunities”.
The sending organization must be accredited for sending EVS volunteers.
Short description of the project:
The volunteers involved in this project will participate in the building activities of a long term project for CADDRU, called International Award for Young People.
More details about the program: http://www.intaward.org/
The activities involved in developing this project, for the EVS volunteers, will include:
– Developing the instructors database (finding people from different fields of activity willing to offer 2 hours from their week to teach/ train/ pass on information to the beneficiaries of the Award program)
– Finding the beneficiaries for the following stages of the Award program (in partnership with highschools)
– At least 4 hours per week as an instructor (teaching something like: a foreign language, guitar lessons, dance lessons, hiking and survival classes, journalism, PR, IT, etc)
– Visibility of the Award program and of the “Life opportunities ” EVS (blog posts, pictures, testimonials, interviews, facebook, booklet, anything else creative ..)
– Support meetings with the young beneficiaries
– Finding resources for the program through: fundraising, product raising (instruments that the beneficiaries need in order to reach their objectives, like music instruments, hiking gear, painting supplies, etc.), timeraising (ask professionals to offer a few hours from their time), spaceraising (if there is a need for special spaces, like gyms, or skating ring, ets).
– Creating a nice final event for the “graduation” of the young people that reached their objectives.
– Intensive Romanian lessons at the beginning of the EVS will be mandatory and we will expect the volunteers to be eager to learn it and apply themselves.
– And other unpredicted activities useful to the “Life opportunities” EVS and the International Award for young people Program
– Promoting EVS in Universities and online
– Involvement in fundraising activities for the International Award beneficiaries.
The profile of the volunteers: young people aged between 23 and 30 years old, with fewer opportunities, they face one or more situations or obstacles from the list below:
- Social obstacles: young people facing discrimination because of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.; young people in a precarious situation; young and/or single parents; orphans; young people from broken families.
- Economic obstacles: young people with a low standard of living, low income, dependence on social welfare system; in long-term unemployment or poverty; young people who are homeless, young people in debt or with financial problems.
- Cultural differences: young immigrants or refugees or descendants from immigrant or refugee families; young people belonging to a national or ethnic minority; young people with linguistic adaptation and cultural inclusion problems.
- Geographical obstacles: young people from remote or rural areas; young people living on small islands or peripheral regions; young people from urban problem zones; young people from less serviced areas (limited public transport, poor facilities, abandoned villages).
If you are interested to be a volunteer in this project please send a CV and motivation letter to the following e-mail: email@example.com until 20th of September 2013 with the subject “Application for EVS Life Opportunities”.
IMPORTANT!! Please mention with as much detail as possible what obstacles (fewer opportunities) you face.
IMPORTANT!! Please mention what abilities you could teach to the adolescents that you would work with (we already take into account your native language).
IMPORTANT!! Show that you understand and commit to stay for all the 12 months of the EVS doing the activities explained in this call. If you do not like the activities and will not agree to do them DO NOT APPLY.