We inform you that we are looking for 2 motivated EVS for Asociación Plataforma de alumnos de Santa María de los Ángeles.
- Venue: Málaga (Spain)
- Start: September 2014
- End: July 2015
- How long?: 10 Months
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Deadline to apply: 24th of march
- HEI REF: 2012-ES-67 +INFO EVS DATABASE
Anyone interested may read the info below, fill in the online application form and attach their CV and motivation letter (in english or spanish) before the 24th of march. We will select candidates for interviews and inform them no later than the 27th of march. The interviews will be held on skype the 4th of april.
The volunteer project covers three main work areas: social and cultural activities, linguistic exchange and cultural exchange. All this is based on the joint commitment with the environment and community. The framework educates the youth as participatory and creative individuals, in the broader construction of the non-violent, just, equal and respecting human rights society. In addition, the objectives are to promote and integrate the value of interculturalism, appreciation and respect for diversity, raise environmental values and adopt attitudes that promote sustainable development.
This project is carried out at the headquarters of the Association “Platform of the Students of Santa Maria de los Angeles”, located in the centre for secondary education Santa Maria de los Angeles in the city of Malaga. This city is situated in the Southern Spain in the autonomous community of Andalusia. It is a cosmopolite coastal city of a warm climate and has an important cultural diversity. Our Association is founded for the youth who come from different social classes, cultures and geographical locations. Our area of influence extends to the Carranque region, an area with a middle low socio-economic level, and where our Association has an important influence, both by its openness and by the activities it promotes.
The hosting organisation wants to take the European reality in its classrooms and they think the best way to do that is having volunteers from different countries .The volunteers will become a point of reference for the students who will realise that living and working abroad as a volunteer is a great opportunity. Moreover, the volunteers will show the European diversity and how rich it is.
Finally, the volunteers will have some specific tasks such as;
• to do presentations about the country and the culture
• to give non formal English lessons to students and organize English conversation groups with teachers
• to collaborate with DACE (Departamento de Actividades Culturales y Extraescolares) about cultural activities
• to update social networks such as school blog, web-site, grouply, picasaweb album, facebook, tuenti etc.
• to organize some workshops for students to develop international partnerships: Erasmus, Leonardo, Juventud en Acción, etc.
We offer volunteers the following:
• Free Spanish language classes (Language and Culture), 1 ½ hours twice a week, given by a qualified volunteer, at an agreed time.
• Gain experience in useful skills for their professional future. The EVS provides skills and experiences, increases job possibilities and gives the chance of doing different works, so a choice is possible.
• Learn new skills. The EVS enables new challenges, know new people, new perspectives and ways of living which may encourage volunteers to reconsider their world perspectives.
• Secure and comfortable working environment, both in the hospital as in the Foundation; they both have all needed resources and both are secure.
We expect volunteers to participate in:
1. the cultural activities organized by the Plataforma de Alumnos
2. the coordination of international activities
3. the workshops or excursions organized by the Association
4. some community and local events
5. English Club in the Association
6. Intercultural exchange Meetings
7. Youth Information Point
The profile of volunteers will be in accordance with the following personal and social skills:
• Motivation and interest for this type of volunteering project.
• Ability to adapt to different cultural and social environments.
• Commitment and responsibility to the objectives of the project.
• Be able to work and animate a group.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
For this process, we will develop a form of skills and attitudes that will guide us throughout the process, and help us as a tool for the selection of candidates. We also plan to conduct telephone interviews with the volunteers in order to get to know them better, and equally for them to know us.
We do not have any kind of preference regarding the sending entity.
In the Association there are a total of 15 volunteers, while the Center houses approximately 350 students.
– Collaborate in the educational work of the Centre, collect and express opinions and suggestions of the students, encourage participation and promote associative and team-work values.
– To promote and organize cultural, artistic and recreational activities.
– To carry out voluntary activities both at the provincial, European and international levels.
– Carry out Youth in Action programmes, both European and international.
– Training courses and socio-cultural activities.
– Voluntary activities related to the environment, participation, promotion of the culture of peace, social and community interest, and by that promotion of multiculturalism.
– Activities aimed at cultural exchange.
– It comprises young volunteers who share an interest in social and cultural activities, environment, promotion of the culture of peace and multiculturalism, and shares all this in the educational Centre.
– Recipients are not only the youth of the Centre , but because of the openness and participation in various European youth activities, we can speak of a local, regional and European impact.
Volunteers could cook their meals by their own in their flats, they are going to receive 180 euros each month.
Accommodation will be in rented flats shared with other EVS volunteers or youth people. They will be provided with standard equipment and essential household goods. and electricity, water, gas will be covered by the hosting organization. Internet connection is not facilitated by the hosting organization
Each volunteer will be given a monthly allowance of 105 euro for personal needs every day
Every volunteer will have a chance to choose BIKE or BUS CARD if it needed, long distance activities will be covered by hosting organization if is it needed.
25 Hours of Spanish language Course offered by Coordinating organization.
The volunteer will have the same holiday days as the rest of the Association “Plataforma de alumnos” and School Team (Christmas holidays, eastern holydays, White week on February and the rest of holidays that the Andalusia and the municipality authorities have planned in the School calendar.
Trainings and support:
The mentor will offer constantly his support and personal assistance to the volunteers.
Applicant organization/sending organization/hosting organization is responsible for the volunteer’s insurance, all the parties are obliged to get acquainted with the insurance rules.