Location: Gdansk, Poland
Period: 01/07/2014 – 01/07/2015
Duration: 12 months
Application deadline: 10 May 2014
Stowarzyszenie Morena (2013-PL-30)
Established in 2002, Morena Association is a non-profit non-governmental organization in Gdansk that focuses mainly on young people and youth leaders from Pomeranian region. We have different aims for our activities:
1) increasing the activism in social and civic life of children, youth and youth leaders (e.g. by organizing meetings with youth in their schools)
2) encouraging young people to develop their creativity and to build respect to the traditions (e.g. by running, since 2003, training regional center of ”Youth in Action” Program)
3) providing promotion of youth information – since 2005 we have been developing our regional European Youth Information Network called “Eurodesk Pomerania” (at this moment it is the biggest Eurodesk Net in Europe – actually we have 32 points in Pomerania region). Moreover we also run European Commission information point – Europe Direct Gdansk. In both information points we held consultation for young people and for those who are looking information (eg. connected with European funds).
4) provide complex support to youth leaders and youth organizations by information, financial support (Pomeranian Youth Found) and trainings.
Our organization also:
– helps unemployed people by running the Center of Social Integration in Osówek (on the south of our voivodeship).
– supports non-formal groups organizing different kind of activities for scouts movement – working next to our association.
– provide learning opportunities for elderly by running, from 2013, the programme ASOS (Aktywności Społecznej Osób Starszych – Social Activities for Senior).
Number of volunteers: 1
How to apply:
Every young Spanish people can apply until the 10th May 2014 by sending his/her application pack to the Sending Organization Asociación Ser Joven with the reference: Project “Sport Education For All” in Gdansk, Stowarzyszenie Morena
The application pack consists with:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, Europass format;
2. Cover/Motivation Letter.
The SO will contact all volunteers who fullfill basic expectations and the HO will communicate with them through Internet, discussing possibilities and opportunities (skype interview).
The volunteer needs to be minimum 18 years old, maximum 30 years old, coming from the country of the SO (Spain). He/she will be selected according to his/her motivation to work with us and according to the skills they have (see “selection criteria” in the EVS APPLICANT’S INFO PACK we prepared for this project here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6lh9GEA25W-QmpXTlRxN0Z3aFE/edit).
The volunteer (1) will work with different target groups: seniors, kids, young people, scouts, volunteers.
– Organize daily (or at 2-3 days intervals) sport educational activities for young people, scouts, eleders, such as: nordik walking, trekking, gym, swimming. These activities can be organized in the building of our association (in apposite areas), in the surrounding outdoor areas, in swimming pools;
– Organize free workshops and events for sensitization on the theme of sport education, mainly in schools;
– Organize the promotion of his/her own sport activities (newsletters, blog, leaflets and other kind of advertisement);
– Participate in EVS and Erasmus+ promotion;
– Organize evaluation materials for the participants of his/her activities
– Write blog articles and update EVS facebook page by telling his/her own stories, the stories of volunteers and projects from the area;
– Organize larger-scale activities for children, such as sport competitions/festivals/contests, field trips, new types of workshops;
– Support in the organization of scout camps;
– Organize free workshops aimed to young people (i.e students) where he/she will present his/her culture;
– Organize language courses;
– Learn Polish language and culture;
– Help developing the Regional Youth Center and Senior Activity Center (both operating indicatively from June 2014 and run by our Association), by organizing sport activities, offering the required information to citizens, by offering own suggestion on how to improve the communications process.
– Suggest and realize his/her own ideas.
Themes: sport, education
For more information about the vacancy and the requirements the HO asks for, check the Apllicant’s Info pack here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6lh9GEA25W-QmpXTlRxN0Z3aFE/edit