Volunteer in Belarus only for UK and France residents
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Period: 01/05/2014 – 01/09/2014
Duration: 3 – 5 months
Application deadline: 11 April 2014
Description of the tasks of the volunteer:
The project aims at increasing the level of social skills among young people with fewer opportunities (mental and physical disability and orphans) in Belarus that includes knowledge and skills of intercultural dialogue and providing ideas and practical tools for implementation of youth initiatives. At the same time, the project will provide a young person from the UK with a deeper understanding and experience of a neighboring country, which will develop solidarity, awareness, and better options for working in multicultural environment.The volunteer will will be based in the Office for Initiatives Promotion as a full member of the Staff serving as Social Initiatives Coordinator in the Organisation.
The service will include preparation and running of the workshops for and with people with fewer opportunities, developing cooperation with governmental, business and non-governmental organisations for promoting and implementing social initiatives both of republican and local level for supporting people with fewer opportunities. The project goal is also to teach young people specific attitudes, skills and values, necessary for building cohesion in the society, and specific tools of active citizenship promoting the idea of social entrepreneurship for making their initiatives of any sphere into the real actions even taking into account their fewer opportunities in comparison towards other people in the society.
Description of the hosting organization:
Office for Initiatives Promotion was established mainly for support ideas initiated by people in the sphere of education, culture and social development.
Overall aims of the Organization:
– Realization of projects in the sphere of education, culture and social development.
– Realization of forums, conferences, seminars, round-table sessions and other educational activities with non-formal methods,
– Realization of festivals, fairs, exhibitions and other events in the sphere of education, culture and social development,
– Organization of volunteer groups for participation in cultural, educational and social activities,
– Realization of books, magazines and other periodicals publication,
– Support of youth entrepreneurship skills.
Target group of Office for Initiatives Promotion is young people of 2 age levels: 13-18 and 18-30.
Our organization recruits an EVS Coordinator who will have supervisors in accordance to the number of volunteers hosted and sent. The supervisors are the members of our Office Staff.
Currently we have a Director, International Projects Manager, PR Manager and an Administrator. All of them speak English well and German or French.
– cv and motivation letter sent to email@example.com
– skype interview