Location: Gdańsk, Poland
Period: 26/05/2014 – 02/02/2015
Duration – 9 months
Application deadline: 16 May 2014
Description of the tasks of the EVS volunteer:
– organizing and animating the project Skills Bank; this activity may include: study period, project design, organization of meetings, promotional activities, implementation
– organize sport-ricreational activities for seniors and young people (workshops, gym, trekking, sport tournament etc)
– organize European lessons for youngsters in age 13-19 which aim is to rise European Awareness
– preparing news and promotional materials for EVS Morena Facebook page
– gather photo and video diocumentation of youth initiatives in the frame of the project Skills Bank
– preparing and organizing woirkshops based on volunteer’s own ideas and concepts
– keep a blog that describes the volunteer’s stay in Poland
– organize language classes for local community members
– providing help to the association staff (eg. updating catalog of publications, search informations, preparing documents, design graphics etc.)
– preparing evaluation documents which will be used to promote the project
Description of the EVS Hosting Organization:
Established in 2002, Morena Association is a non-profit non-governmental organization in Gdansk that focuses mainly on young people and youth leaders from Pomeranian region. We have different aims for our activities:
1) increasing the activism in social and civic life of children, youth and youth leaders (e.g. by organizing meetings with youth in their schools)
2) encouraging young people to develop their creativity and to build respect to the traditions (e.g. by running, since 2003, training regional center of ”Youth in Action” Program)
3) providing promotion of youth information – since 2005 we have been developing our regional European Youth Information Network called “Eurodesk Pomerania” (at this moment it is the biggest Eurodesk Net in Europe – actually we have 32 points in Pomerania region). Moreover we also run European Commission information point – Europe Direct Gdansk. In both information points we held consultation for young people and for those who are looking information (eg. connected with European funds).
4) provide complex support to youth leaders and youth organizations by information, financial support (Pomeranian Youth Found) and trainings.
Our organization also:
– helps unemployed people by running the Center of Social Integration in Osówek (on the south of our voivodeship).
– supports non-formal groups organizing different kind of activities for scouts movement – working next to our association.
– provide learning opportunities for elderly by running, from 2013, the programme ASOS (Aktywności Społecznej Osób Starszych – Social Activities for Senior).
Each volunteer coming from a Programme country can apply by sending an e-mail with reference “application sport EVS project 2014” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach CV Europass format and motivation letter in English.
We will keep in consideration each application that fits with the general objective of the project and we will select the one that fits the best the selection criteria.
A part from organization and communication skills, we will prefer people with knowledge and EXPERIENCE IN SPORT sector, in order for him/her to help our young people and seniors with their sport activities.
There will no gender discrimination, selection will be based only on commitment and specific experience/knowledge.
IMPORTANT: the volunteer will need to express his/her availability to join the project no later than the 26th of June 2014.