Location: Szécsény, Hungary
Application deadline: 15/01/2015
End date: 30/11/2015
Tasks of the volunteer:
1. You are going to plan, prepare, realize, evaluate English speaking action-based creative workshops in 5 different villages. Highlight of this activity area is a 21 days long International Voluntary Camp with 40-50 volunteers where we organize all-day workshops in all 5 locations for two weeks.
Target group: 6-14 aged children/youth in after school clubs, community centers
Main topics:media literacy, intercultural learning
2. In high schools and the community center of Szécsény you are going to plan, prepare, realize, evaluate sessions for local students.
Target group: 14-30 aged high school students, unemployed youth from the region.
Main activities: youth information point, language club, logistical support in local events, workshops, informal events, expand local network
3.You have possibility to be involved in tasks which supports the quality running of Egyesek and its projects.
Main activities: support in network coordination, create visual promotional materials, build databases, and increase visibility of Egyesek projects, daily running of a group accommodation, fundraising, and assistantship and so on.
4. Your own initiative: You are welcome to create your own initiative as long as it involves local youth and it is connected to any of the activity areas or other actions of Egyesek.
1. Fill out the application form
2. Send us your CV to email@example.com email address
3. Contact your sending organization
More information: http://goo.gl/9rZxar
Description of the host organization:
Egyesek Youth Association is a group of active young people, volunteers, youth workers and trainers. Our mission is to inspire, empower and support youth in successfully taking responsibility in their lives and the lives of their communities. Our activity is focused on the non-formal personal and professional development of youth, young adults, youth workers, organizations in Hungarian and international context. We organize youth exchanges, voluntary service programs, trainings for youth leaders and peer educators, summer camps and thematic weekends, as well as support volunteering which serves learning and personal development.
We have developed significant grassroot youthwork activity in Nógrád county which is one of the most disadvantaged regions in Hungary. We work in strong cooperation with local schools and community and youth centers in order to reach and involve more and more young people to our programs.
From 2010 we are active in sending and hosting EVS volunteers. We are part of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations (Alliance) and Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS).