Location: Drobeta Turnu Severin, Romania
Application deadline: 20/01/2015
Start date: 01/10/2015
End date: 01/09/2016
Tasks of the volunteer:
Project EVS Let’s explore Cultures 1
The program will allow you to discover the Drobeta Turnu Severin city, to learn more about Romania, to meet young volunteers from other countries! Participate in “Let’s explore cultures”! During your stay you will be teaching your native language and share your culture to Romanian children, teens and students.
Places: 4 volunteers/country needed in Drobeta Turnu Severin city
You will do activities in: schools and high-schools, cultural center, our organization’s office
You will have the opportunity to desing your program following the next points:
Let’s learn language- teaching individually and in groups
Let’s play- non-formal games, sports and outdoor activities, theatre, traditional music,danses
Let’s debate- engaging young people in debates on different topics
Let’s create- preparing initiatives, activities and projects together with the youngsters of our community and the staff of the organization (Writing financial application forms, networking etc.)
Let’s share- blogging, maintaining organization’s home page, uploading translations, articles, photos, videos on social media channels; organizing seminars and presentations about your own culture; promote European Voluntary Service and opportunities of mobility and active citizenship for youth;
Eligibility- we are looking for applicants who:
-are between 18-30 years old;
-are available for the whole duration of the volunteering period and pre-departure training;
-have ability to teach your native language;.
-have willingness to know Romania and to learn more about Romanian culture;
– are open to experiments and self-motivated into personal developing
– have flexibility, sense for responsibility and good communication skills; creativity
If you are interested in applying, please send us your CV and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting organization description:
Asociatia Act Integration is an NGO founded in december 2012, in order to promote youth from rural and urban area, and their initiatives, to offer support and to stimulate active participation of the volunteers and citizen of all ages by creating an alternative environment to access opportunities, according with the principles of modern democracy, in their community but also at national, European and international level.
Asociatia Act Integration is accredited, for European Voluntary Service, as Sending organisation, Host organisation, Co-ordinating organisation. The reference number in EVS database is 2013-RO-142.The PIC number of our association is 947566811.
The organisation, located in Drobeta Turnu Severin city, Mehedinti county, in S-W of Romania, on the left side of Danube river, on the Romanian-Serbian border, is member of the SOCIETAL network, from Romania and associate member of the international network VOLONTEUROPE.
A part of our goals are:
• promoting the right for education, the non formal and informal education, the long life learning and self improvement;
• promotion and protection of human rights and freedoms;
• involving young people from rural and urban area in activities that promote community’s values and principles;
• facilitating active citizenship, solidarity, the intercultural and intergenerational dialogue;
• combating the racism, xenophobia and intolerance;
• facilitating exchanges between individuals or legal entities that have common interests and the mobility of young people, inside and outside EU borders;
• encouraging the social partnerships, community involvement;
• initiating and developing programs and projects to support the activities of local government institutions and initiate campaigns to result in strengthening the link between government bodies and civil society;
• stimulating the involvement of citizen in environmental protection;
• creating activities for the purpose of life quality enhancement; creating educational materials for youth, organizing workshops on different themes, cultural presentations, spectacles, conferences, training courses, symposia, festivals, debates, sport activities, rallies, other public awareness activities etc.
The members, volunteers, collaborators and our target groups have different backgrounds: teachers and trainers with different specializations, having experience in E-Twinning, Comenius, Leonardo, YIA, Erasmus+ and Social European Funds, artisans, children, students, volunteers, unemployed, free-lancers, young people with few opportunities, youngsters from social centers or retired persons.