Location: Jaen, Spain
Application deadline: 25/01/2015
Start date: 16/02/2015
End date: 15/01/2016
Tasks of the volunteer:
This project aims to provide volunteers with an experience of Multicultural and intercultural learning and European citizenship knowledge.
The main themes of the activity are European awareness and non formal learning methods, working in a multicultural youth centre (social inclusion) and thus promoting intercultural learning process and services to others (solidarity).
The volunteers will learn how to deal with children aging from 4 to 14 and young people from 14 to 30 years old.
This project aims to provide volunteers with an experience of Multicultural and intercultural learning and European citizenship knowledge. The main themes of the activity are European awareness and non formal learning methods, working in a multicultural youth centre (social inclusion) and thus promoting intercultural learning process and services to others (solidarity).
The main aim of the activity is to give a multicultural experience to the volunteer and future volunteers on EVS and to show how this can be developed in an international group process. (There will be also other international volunteers living and working with an EVS volunteer).
The project is open to and takes special account of young volunteers’ skills and talents, so that the time she/he spends with us will be effectively lived as an opportunity to grow up and to gain experience.
The volunteers are expected to work with other staff members, volunteers and youth workers to carry out the program for the children and young people.
He/she will work 35 hours per week, from 9:30 am until 13:30 am, then from 4:30 pm until 7:30 pm, and will have 10 days of holidays in December and 20 in August.
Tasks to be performed by the volunteers:
– Collaborating in the design and diffusion of the fortnightly bulletin GENTES about organizations, Youth in Action Program news and volunteering as well as up-dating the information on the different web sites.
– Supporting the organization planning events to diffuse and promote Youth in Action Program (International Volunteering Day, Andalusian Volunteering Congress, workshops to promote YiA in educational centres, University College fairs, etc).
– Supporting recruiting, hosting and basic training processes between GENTES and other volunteers and organizations which are demanding volunteering. Up-dating monitored reports.
– Collaborating in the diffusion of European awareness programmes such as COMPASS and COMPASSITO (educational centres, youth associations,…).
– Creating and training to basic volunteering groups.
– Promoting European programmes among youth technicians in the province.
You can find the forms here: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/otlas-partner-finding/project/urgent-vacancy-evs-promotig-erasmus-in-jaen.3388/
After filling them please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org