Application deadline: ASAP
Volunteer’s accommodation is in Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick. This is located four miles from the main house. Newcastlewest is a small community town with local shops, banks, pubs,Library and clubs. There is acess to education, sports and drama within the town,
Limerick city is twenty minutes bus drive from Newcastle West where you have local Universities, big shopping centres, cinema’s and information. There are major tourist areas within traveling distance of Newcastlewest, an example of which is the famous County of Kerry, this includes Killarney a town that is famous for Muckross House, the lakes of Killarney and is a cultural centre for Ireland where there is easy acess to Irish music and culture.
Rathfredagh Cheshire Home is located four miles from Newcastlewest. Cheshire services support and facilitate service users to live a life of their choice. It is home to twenty five residents and provides a respite service and a day care service. Cheshire supports people to improve their quality of life while supporting people to integrate into the community. Volunteers will work mainly in the Activity Area where all social events and outings are organised. Volunteers will be encouraged to participate in the organisation and implementation of events of interest. Volunteers are encouraged to introduce and organise any ideas for events that they feel will interest and enhance the lives of service users. Volunteers share their culture and learn from ours. There is a beautiful exchange of learning about different cultures which the volunteers, the staff and the service users learn from and enjoy.
What we can offer;
- Opportunity to experience a community that offers support to people with disabilites.
- Opportunity to support service users to socially integrate into the community.
- Encourage and support from service users and staff.
- Accommodation in Newcastlewest.
- Transport to and from Main house.
- Training required for them to carry out their project tasks.
- Assistance and support will be given to help the volunteers to integrate into the local community.
- Upskilling opportunities in the area of Disabilites and Community Integration.
- Learning opportunity in Human Rights.
- Opportunity to improve their communication skills.
Role of EVS volunteer:
- Assist with group activites.
- Support for service users.
- Participate in social outings
- Involvement in Projects relevant to Cheshire Ireland including education projects on Human Rights.
- Bring a personal insight into other cultures and life styles.
- Cordinating new projects of interest to service users.
Activites in which the volunteer is involved:
- Art Therapy
- Music therapy
- Integrated Dance
- Memory games
- Social outings
- Shopping trips
- Visits to areas of interest
- Introduction of activites of interest to the volunteers
- International week
- Researching ideas of interest
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and this extends to our policy on recruiting volunteers.
The following recruitment criteria needs to be satisfied:
- Volunteers should be 18 years of age at the time of their application.
- Volunteers should have a developed understanding of physical disability and physical disability related issues.
- Volunteers should have a genuine interest in working with adults with disabilities.
- Volunteers will have to interact with a diverse range of staff.
Additionally, although not essential, it would be highly desirable if volunteers were over 21 with a full driver’s licence and were willing to drive Cheshire vehicles.
Our profile for a successful candidate would be a volunteer that is:
- Interested in working with people with disabilities;
- Motivated to work in the area of social integration;
- Have a genuine interest in working with people;
- Interested in working in Ireland for twelve months;
- Interested in learning new skills;
- Willing to introduce new ideas to our service;
- An up to date, clean, full driving licence would be an advantage.
We look for a volunteer from Germany!
Dates: 01.03.2015 – 29.02.2016
Deadline to apply is ASAP!
We ask for application to send a CV, a passport photo and to fill the form call questionnaire (Bewerbungsbogen für Bonn) that you can download from this webpage:
Then, send all documents in one e-mail indicating the name of the project “Rathfredagh Cheshire Home” to email@example.com