Contact person: Natalia Alexandrov
Coordinating organisation: ADVIT ICYE Moldova
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova,
There are 9 different projects that are looking for volunteers.
Host organization and activities:
- The Centre Neovita was founded in 2002 by the Asociation “Health for Young People” with the help of UNICEF Moldova and the Teritorial Medical Asocation and the City hall of Chisinau and it one of the first Centre of its kind from Moldova. The EVS volunteer will help in organizing of different cross-sectoral and collaborative sessions, informational meeting for the workers from different districts. With the local volunteers team the EVS volunteer will be involved in creating promotional activities, recruitment or interviewing of local volunteers; will assist at the training for volunteers and will organize different activities together with volunteers also the volunteer will help in organizing of different informative lessons.
- EcoViso focuses its work on youth empowerment and environmental education and action. Through such programs as ActivEco-Sustainability in Action, Social Entrepreneurship, Climate LaunchPad and Eco-village Moldova we help young people develop leadership, networking and project management skills to address environmental issues and bring social innovation to their communities.Tasks
Support EcoVisio staff and members in the following: – event management (organizing youth trainings, Eco-fairs, workshops, etc.) – fundraising and grant-writing (help organize local fundraisers, research funding opportunities, help write project proposals) – contributing to the development of a Resource Center for environmental education in Riscova that will focus on practical trainings and sharing sustainable practices in the areas of eco-construction, organic gardening, energy efficiency and more.
- The Association Center for Reabilitation and Social Integration of the Children with Mental Disabilities CULTUM is a non-profit Association founded in 2001 and is a social services provider. The volunteers will be involved in: – Assist PR manager in organizing the PR events like public social campaigns, fundraising activities or to maintain facebook and web pages: copy documents, prepare materials, taking photos, elaborating summaries, etc. -Assists the staff in organizing and facilitation of day-to-day activities with children – available only for the candidates that can prove these capabilities; – Paper work: translation of documents, elaboration of small reports and researches about profiles of beneficiaries. After adaptation volunteer will be asked to help some beneficiaries to come to the center and after activities to go with them back home. The volunteer is expected to bring his/her creativity, project ideas, experience in, for example, arts and cultural expressions and/or sports and games to work and participate, support and lead different kind of projects that is developed at our centre. The volunteer will bring his/her experiences from another culture and the process of getting familiar with Moldovan society to the everyday work and life.
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova is a non-governmental non-profit organization, founded on September 4, 2006. As a member of the international network of 125 AmChams worldwide, AmCham Moldova connects businesses and business leaders to share the common goal of bringing the entrepreneurial spirit and the cultures of Moldova and the United States closer together. Typical tasks will include, in main part, administration of AmCham communication tools, coordination of services to members, assisting Project Mangers within current running projects. 1. Assure the efficient communication with AmCham membership by means of: a. Administration of AmCham’s website http://www.amcham.md & Facebook page; b. Elaboration & distribution of AmCham Weekly Bulletin; Travel Guide; c. Administration of AmCham Job Center; 2. Administration of AmCham E-Manager by maintaining and updating members data base and major mailing lists; 3. Provide assistance in coordination of the following Programs: Member Discount Program; 4. Provide assistance to Event’s Manager in organizing different business events; 5. Actively participate in AmCham events, as well as other relevant events where AmCham is invited (meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc), if delegated by the Executive Director;
- Centre of Active Recovery and Social Reintegration of the Children and Youth with Physical Disabilities (CCCT) is a subdivision of the Municipal Direction for protection of child’s rights.As beneficiaries of the Centre can be persons with physical (children with age between 7 and 18 and youth with age between 19 – 30), parents and tutors and children of the Chisinau. The volunteer will work in the Centre as a person who co-organizes the ideas which the young people and instructors realize during the workshops. The Volunteer will initially be the instructors’ assistant, but gradually her/his contribution to the content of the workshops will grow. Because there are many different workshops, the volunteer will work in various teams during the volunteering period. The volunteer will be an extra help in the Centre, emphasizing the social life and the cultural aspect, contributing with an international dimension and giving the daily life in the Centre an European awareness. The volunteer will be urged to take contact to the children through play, activities and conversation. The volunteer will be helping the staff in preparing outings and excursions, helping in the preparation of the daily game-programme, especially taking initiative to international cultural activities.
- Family Type Placement Centre “Small Group Homes” aims to provide a temporary home to vulnerable children to those leaving large-scale residential units to family reunification or to be placed with Foster Carers. The placement lasts until the children’s reintegration with their biological or extended families. If this is not possible an alternative placement is identified. The main objective is to offer a temporary home to children who are to be reintegrated into their birth family or to be placed in a foster care family. The volunteers will work mainly with the age group 6-12. Their main tasks will consist in: – playing with the children, using his /her creativity and games he/she knows – assisting the children with their daily needs and responsibilities – picking up children from the school – read stories and songs in easy language – organize painting and crafts workshops – helping centre’s staff in cleaning, laundering and cooking for children.
- The Independent Journalist Center (IJC) provides assistance to journalists and media institutions in the Republic of Moldova. IJC sees its mission in supporting professional journalism and aims at contributing to the consolidation of a qualitative, independent and impartial press. IJC runs Chisinau School of Advanced Journalism. Proposed activities for the volunteer are: – Volunteer will support IJC staff in preparation and during lessons of School of Advanced Journalism; – Preparation of the materials; – Moderation of a weekly discussion club for advanced English-language students from the Chisinau School of Advanced Journalism, which includes inviting guests, preparing topics and homework; – Writing thank you letters, proof reading of the texts and the “mass media in Moldova” bulletin ; – Assisting in training programs for journalists and trainers from different media, with the participation of foreign and local experts; – Helping in organization of the annual survey “Ten Journalists of the Year”; – Helping in maintaining web portal Moldova Azi (www.azi.md); – Keeping the library.
- Association for the Protection of Homeless Animals “ALGA” is a non-profit organization, created in 2006. The Association is run solely by volunteers, who are dedicating their time and money to helping the homeless animals of the country. Volunteer will help to: – Clean and take care of the places where the animals stay. – Play with animals. – Create the places where the animals stay (putting the attributes on the right places) and make this places ready for the animals. – Do fortification and does behavior observation on the animals. – Feed the animals. – Help veterinary doctor. – Register animals and prepare reports.
- Day Care Centre “Dorinta” is a care institution for children, youth with physical disabilities and their parents and also for youth in Calarasi. The aim of Day Care Centre ‘Dorinta” is to support young people with and without disabilities in the best possible way, so they can live their lives as independently as possible, with specific attention for their talents and abilities. Activities for the volunteers: At Youth Centre the volunteer will be involved with the everyday leisure activities of youngsters with disabilities and other young people from Calarasi and surroundings. In the work we try to integrate these two groups. The task is to help the young people to become more independently thinking and acting in their lives and stimulate their creativity. The work can for example involve discussion groups, baking, arranging small open stage evenings, playing some games, supporting youngsters in making a video film, playing music with youngsters, helping a beginning band to start rehearsing in the music room or a trips to cultural places
All interested candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter indicating the project they are applying for, when you are able to start your project and for how many months you are available, contact details of your sending organization to ADVIT Moldova by email email@example.com The selection of the candidates will be on-going.