Location: Sandrigo, Italy
Period: 01/04/2016 – 29/01/2017
Deadline: 20 February 2016
URGENT – Project already approved – We are looking for German volunteers only to the resignation of the appointed volunteer.
Cooperativa Margherita is a non-profit organization based on the principle of mutuality providing different groups suffering from exclusion (disadvantaged children, youth, elderly and persons with disabilities) with lifelong learning, training and support. We are also promoting volunteering and from 2012 we are acting as a Receiving and Coordinating Organization for EVS projects.
Due to the resign of the appointed volunteer and the related Sending Organization, now we are urgently looking for a German volunteer for our project: IN.V.E.N.T.@S.P.O.R.T. The Volunteer will serve in our centre for elderly “IN GAJA” which hosts elderly people with Alzheimer problems. These persons have different levels of difficulty in remembering data and events of their past, but also mental/physical hardships in the self-expression and in the communication of their feelings and needs. Main tasks will be:
– Coaching in practical/creative laboratories (cooking, crafts, cognitive stimulation);
– Accompanying during transport service;
– Support and presence during walks outside (guiding the wheelchair or arm in arm with the users);
– In the moment of the meal or during the tea- or coffee- break, help to prepare and serve the food, but also to feed the users;
– Sorting the kitchen and the centre after the activities/laboratories;
– Collaborating in drafting new initiatives.
Send your CV (Europass format) and Motivation letter in English (Or Italian) to email@example.com