This is an EVS call for 5 volunteers including mostly intercultural and educational activity for the local community.
Des volontaires européens au Pays de Caux
Location: Yvetot, France
Period: 01/10/2016 – 01/07/2017
Application deadline: 10 March 2016
The Network of Youth and Cultural Centers in Normandy (RMJCN) is a regional federation of youth and cultural centers (Maison des Jeunes et de la Culture or MJC). Its role is to gather and coordinate the MJCs and associations in the region that share its Popular Education Project.
Our organization leads events in the city and proposes various activities (sporty, cultural, artistic, education to citizenship).
The action presented is to host 5 young European volunteers at the same time in 5 different places:
– 1 volunteer in the Youth and Cultural centre of Yvetot
– 1 volunteer in the Youth and Cultural centre of Duclair
– 1 volunteer in the Cultural Center of Gruchet-le-Valasse
-1 volunteer in the Cultural Center of Saint Romain de Colbosc
– 1 volunteer in the Network of Youth and Cultural centers in Normandy
The selected area for hosting the volunteers is the “Country of Caux” with the city of Yvetot as a central place + 3 villages located 20 kilometres around.
The volunteers will live in Yvetot, a city with 12,000 inhabitants, which offers all services (administrative and health services) and leisure (cinema, restaurants, cultural centers…).
The 5 volunteers will work in their own receiving structure 4 days / 5.
According to the hosting place, each volunteer will be involved in the life of the structure, within the framework of the proposed activities :
The young volunteer could participate to all activities and essentially to:
– Participate to the organization of animations and workshops for children and youngsters on the topic of environment
– Organization of intercultural sessions to sensitize a large public on citizenship and European diversity
– Preparation of the different shows for the end of the year
The 5 volunteers will prepare a presentation of their country and of their experience that they will propose to different target groups. These shows will be an occasion to share regarding the European mobility and to tempt other young people to try the adventure.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an e-mail with your CV and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org