All without borders
Location: Lorca, Spain
Period: 01/01/2017 – 31/12/2017
Deadline: 1st April 2016
Cazalla Intercultural is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the field of non-formal education and to promote and support volunteering. We work mainly with the Youth in Action program, but also participate in other European programs such as Grundtvig, Leonardo or Daphne. We have an agreement with the City of Lorca and collaborate with it´s Youth Department giving information to young people who want to travel abroad, and promoting mobility from Informajoven offices. We are a point information Eurodesk and we share the information about different mobility project.
• Contribute to local development and tolerance between cultures and races
• Promote human rights education
• Promote volunteering as a way of learning
• Contribute to improving the quality of youth work
• Create international networks with which to collaborate on global projects
• Promote mobility as a learning experience among young
• To help young people to be active citizens and participate in the European context
• Preventing gender violence among young people and contribute to gender equality.
Our points of attention:
• The Human Rights
• Global challenges
• The Interculturality
• Citizenship and participation of young people
• The prevention of gender based violence among youth
• Non-formal education
• Creativity and quality in youth work
• The active participation of citizens
Video done by our EVS volunteers: https://youtu.be/10EsmRdstuo
We need volunteers to collaborate with 2 different programmes:
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT THROUGH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES (1 volunteer)
· The EVS volunteer will be working as a support in coordination of European projects like youth exchanges, training courses and other mobilities of youth by maintaining contact with organization’s partners. The volunteer will also help in co-creating the content of the projects (ex. Research, different contests, publications, T-Kits, etc)
· The volunteer’s task will include participation in the activities on the local level with young people – like language exchange etc.
· The volunteer will have some administration and office work activities.
· The volunteer will be encourage to realize his/her own ideas for projects connected with the theme of the project.
Volunteer needs to be interested in the international activities and Erasmus+:Youth in Action Programme, as well as have the preference to the office work. Basic level of Spanish would be helpful.
We are welcome to apply all the young people who are:
– between 18 and 30 years old
– residents of the programme countries (EU, candidates, EEA) and partner countries (South East Europe, Eastern Europe and Caucasus, Mediterranean Partner Countries)
In order to participate in this EVS you should fill out the registration form in google docs. by 1st of April 2016.
Link to registration form: http://tinyurl.com/EVS2017
YOUTH INFORMATION CENTER (1 person)
-The EVS volunteer will be working in the public attention office within the Municipality Office of Mobility and Youth to give youth information, prepare regular newsletters about youth mobilities for young people, take care of the social medias, visibility and communication, etc
– The volunteer’s task will include participation in the activities on the local level with young people – like language exchange etc.
– The volunteer will have some administration and office work activities.
– The volunteer will be encourage to realize his/her own ideas for projects connected with the theme of the project.
Some skills connected to the design would be helpful, some knowledge of Erasmus+: Youth in Action and moreover, basic level of Spanish would be welcome. Volunteers interested in online and offline communication are very welcome.
In addition ot the main tasks of the volunteers, they might be as well involved in the activities that offers youth center that is being run by the organization: organizing workshops and courses for local community, leisure and educational activities for children and youth, and local projects with the objective of fighting integration difficulties of recently arrived migrants in Lorca.
All volunteers should be also prepared to help us with the maintenance of the Youth Centre (max. 5% of the working hours) and tasks connected to it (cleaning, supporting in cooking, etc.)
The reference number of the project:
2013-ES-116 – All without borders