EVS Vacancy in France
Location: Velizy-Villacoublay (France)
Period: 01/10/2016 – 31/07/2017
Deadline: 31 March 2016
The BIJ(Bureau Information Jeunesse) is a part of the national Youth information network. This network welcomes and informs more than 5 million young people each year in France.
It also aims to develop international relations of the city as a part of its partnership with Franco-German Office for Youth (in French, OFAJ), the European Program for Youngsters (in French ERASMUS+)
The BIJ of Velizy-Villacoublay was created in 1986 at the initiative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports. (We celebrate 30th anniversary this year!) Municipal department offering to inform all young people in the following areas: education, business, employment, training, health and practical life, sport, initiative, European and international mobility.
A safe anonymous place, open to all young people without personal appointment is proposed. Free accesses to information or a personal interview are provided by professionals trained specifically to youth information. The BIJ offers a complete, impartial, practical and updated information about education, business, employment, training, health and practical life, sport, initiative, European and international mobility.
The participation of the volunteer help boosting projects related to youth information, promotion of cultural diversity and the development of European consciousness.
The EVS volunteer will mainly be in contact with young people who attend the BIJ and will main tasks:
– To lead an English courses for children and youth (collégiens 11-14, lycéens 14-17, étudiants et jeunes actifs 17-30) To play games based on the knowledge of EU and the world in general.
– To inform the young people (mobility in Europe, or other topics according to their interests)
– Perform actions / activities with schools and local associations (European systems, citizenship , lifestyle and culture) promoting European cooperation in the youth field
– To create information tools (thematic youth information , voluntary / mobility) in order to post on the Internet website for youth of the town of Velizy-Villacoublay (http://www.velyjeunes.fr ) and on Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/velyjeunes?fref=ts )
– To enhance the territory through concrete actions priorities of the Erasmus+ (European citizenship , healthy living through sport … )
– Carry out a personal project
The volunteer will also be invited to promote Erasmus+ and his experience of volunteering and he/she will have the opportunity to participate the projects of the youth information network (event organisation, development and census information tools ).
1) Deadline for applications (Your CV and Cover letter) : 31.3. 2016
3) Skype call
4) Voilà! France is waiting for you! 🙂
Contact email: email@example.com
You’ve cool sense of humor, you’re interested in ERASMUS+ projects, you know basic French(it’s not obligatory but it will help you to adapt quicker) you like chocolate and coffee and mainly you are not gonna become a Parisian easily 🙂
We’re looking forward your CV and motivation letter! firstname.lastname@example.org
More info(a bit old but we are working on it): https://europa.eu/youth/volunteering/organisation/14001451149_en