Location: lelystad, Netherlands
Period: 01/08/2016 – 01/08/2017
Deadline: 1st April 2016
Bataviawerf is a dockyard with special ambitions where ships from the Golden Age of Netherlands have been reconstructed.
Our organisation is depending on the work of volunteers for some years already. A lot of foreign volunteers helped to build the ship “Batavia” and are now helping to build the new ship “Het water schip”. The Bataviawerf could not exist without the help of numerous volunteers which help in showing everybody the way of building ships in the 17th century.
We are looking for 3 new EVS for long term who want to enjoy Netherlands and with some special skills:
1) Technical background and knowledge about SolidWorks, AutoCad and similar.
2) Experience in graphic, digital and multimedia design and software like Adobe Premiere, InDesign, etc.
3) Creative and self-motivated people interested in shipbuilding and handwork.
– Create technical drawings.
– Finish the 3D Digital Model of the Batavia.
– Create nice videos and photos about the Bataviawerf.
– Handwork (rebuild some parts of the Batavia -mast, yards, etc.-, forge, wood work,…).
We have 3 vacancies:
1) From August 2016 to August 2017.
2) From September 2016 to September 2017.
3) From December 2016 to December 2017.
If you are interested and your profile is suitable in 1 of the 3 requirements, send us a CV and a motivation letter to: