Educación para el desarrollo y la transformación social (Muévete y cambiaremos el mundo)
Location: Pamplona, Spain
Period: 01/09/2016 – 30/06/2016
Deadline: 28 March 2016
SETEM Navarra-Nafarroa is a development and a volunteer-based NGO. Its goal is to raise awareness in our society about North-South inequalities, to report their causes and promote social, individual and collective changes, to achieve a fairer and more solidary world. We believe in a culture of international solidarity that respects the dignity of the “peoples of the south” and is oriented to expose and eradicate the structural causes of inequalities.
Our fields of action are:
– Awareness and training through courses, solidarity camps, workshops, publications and campaigns
– The promotion of alternatives, mainly about Fair Trade, Ethical Finance and Solidarity Economy through campaigns, specialized programs and by selling Fair Trade products
– Solidarity with organizations of “countries of the South” through exchanges and cooperation.
More information about us: http://www.setem.org/navarra
The main idea is to integrate young volunteers in the day to day of the organization and our activities. We are also opened to new proposals by volunteers, if it fits with the objectives of the organization and the volunteer is interested in developing it.
SETEM has experience in working with European organizations as we are involved through SETEM Federation in several campaigns and European networks such as the Clean Clothes Campaign (Clean Clothes Campaign http://www.cleanclothes.org) and Ethics Finance campaign (Bank Network Track http://www.banktrack.org). We also promote the solidarity-based economy working through the Alternative and Solidarity-based Economy network (REAS, articulated with other solidarity economy movement in Europe).
So, what we propose is:
-Accompany and support the day to day activities of awareness about Fair Trade.
-Accompany and support the day to day activities in relation to the Clean Clothes Campaign and Responsible Consumption, especially in the area of clothing
-Accompany and support the day to day activities of the Campaign Ethical finance.
-Accompany and support the daily activities related to the promotion of the Solidarity Economy
More concretely, activities the volunteers could be involved with and the activities the volunteers and the organization can create:
-Participate in meetings of the Fair Trade Consortium, formed by a group of six organizations working Fairtrade in the city and organizing the World Fair Trade Day celebration
-Participate in workshops and lectures in awareness on solidarity economy, responsible consumption and fair trade for the general public
-Participate in the work of management, supporting the Fair Trade shop and stalls in the fairs
-Participation in the promotion of the Fair trade coffee in the catering establishments of the city
Activities in which you can create:
– Create street actions with other young people involved in street actions
– Participate in innovative proposals to promote Fairtrade in SETEM’s store and in the city itself. As creating windows display for the Fair Trade shop, etc..
– Once the volunteer knows the reality of the organization could make his or her project according to their knowledge, training profile, skills, etc.. Within the framework of the project itself and according to EVS.
Application deadline: 28th of March 2016
Duration of the project: September 2016 – June 2017
If you are interested in our project, please send us your CV and motivation letter at the following email address: email@example.com