0NL1NE T0LERANCE Long Term EVS in Bulgaria
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Period: 01/05/2016 – 31/10/2016
Deadline: 15 April 2016
#0NL1NE #T0LER@NCE is a project focused on protection of human rights and European values in the web space. Within the activities the young people will seek answers to hate speech manifestations in the internet due to racism, xenophobia, and all other differences stemming from gender, ethnic, social, religious and cultural characteristics.
The project will be part of the large-scale international campaign “Young people against hate speech in the internet” initiated by the Council of Europe and will include three main aspects – youth online activity, creation of informational and awareness rising interactive materials and conduction of presentations and conversations with students and youth, which will enhance the attention towards the dangers of the hate speech in the online space. IOA team aims to reach distant and smaller towns and villages in the countryside where the international group of volunteers will be more noticeable and easily attracting young people to the topic of online tolerance in communication.
To ensure the teaching process of the volunteers we will use the methods of non-formal education, through which to increase the knowledge and skills in prevention of and dealing with the negative effects from the use of hate massages in the online environment.
For more information, please visit http://www.infopass.eu
– plan, organize and participate in local tolerance campaigns in different parts of Bulgaria;
– promote events on-line;
– contact interested parties and seek for collaboration from local NGOs;
– help the team with ideas and materials for the on-line tolerance platform developed by the association.
1. Fill in a cover letter form plus CV and send them to email@example.com before 15 April 2016.
2. Hosting organization will review the applications and will invite shortlisted candidates to Skype Interview until 15 April 2016;
3. Final Selection of volunteers will be made till 15 April 2016;
Selection criteria is based on:
– Strong willingness and ability to participate in the project activities;
– Ability to communicate in English;
– Interest in the topic of online tolerance and/or the organization of youth public events.