EVS in Greece
Location: Tesalonika, Greece
Period: 01/09/2016 – 30/06/2017
Deadline: 15 July 2016
USB is looking for a Spanish motivated volunteer willing to carry out activities with media: documentaries, radio programme, newspaper and local events.
USB is a NGO in Greece with a lot of experience in international projects and with volunteers.
▪ Organize and develop of an e-radio with emphasis on the Balkans and on youth social issues.
▪ Organize and develop of a web-TV.
▪ Participate in the team of writers for the articles of the web magazine “Balkan Beats”
▪ Create documentaries with emphasis on social issues and cultural activities of Thessaloniki.
▪ Help with the technicalities needed for the e-radio to be operative.
▪ Maintenance of the e-radio through the creation of a playlist based on songs from all Balkan countries, which will be broadcasted on a daily basis.
▪ Organise a team of volunteers which will run the live programme of the e-radio.
▪ Help the local volunteers and participate himself in the recording of the programmes to be broadcasted in the scheduled hours.
▪ Organise, develop and maintenance of an e-journal. The volunteer will be assisted by experienced members of the Hosting Organization and will be provided with and trained through the necessary technical tools.
▪ Find topics touching upon issues that interest young people and that can lead to a discussion among them through online discussions or written articles that will be uploaded in the e-journal.
▪ Find projects that could promote the activity and disseminate its results.
▪ Participate in approved programmes, so that he will develop more skills and capacities.
▪ Participation in special events and meetings organized by the Project: The volunteer might take part in some events that will be organized by the Project on special dates dedicated in EU or Human Rights. Those events always gather a larger public and offer the chance to promote strongly the work done by the Project. The volunteer will play a central role by bringing to these public events a European dimension and motivate the local youth to participate. Using his creativity, his knowledge from his country and his visions he can find attractive and effective ways to help with the relevant games, presentations, leaflets etc.
▪ Participation in some public events organized by the local authorities. During these events the volunteer will have the opportunity to be with the locals to socialize to practice the language and to get a good tasty of the “Greek spirit”.
Please send and e-mail with your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org