Period: 05/09/2016 – 03/09/2017
Deadline: 25 July 2016
EVS vacancy in Greece for French volunteer
Social Youth Development, KANE, is a non-profit organization situated in Kalamata, Greece. Our main target group is young people aged 15-30, youth workers, youth leaders, mentors and trainers. However we are also working with all the local community.
K.A.NE’s aims are to play the questioning pole of youth of the local community and to promote youth mobility through European Union. It has also created in the city of Kalamata the first Youth Center, in order to facilitate creative socialization, promote art and culture, create educational teams through non formal education, and support active participation in social events and lifelong learning activities.
The aim of this project is to create awareness through art, motivate the local youth in participating actively in the society and support youth work activities through arts.
The role of the volunteer will be, in collaboration with KANE and the Youth Centre of Kalamata, to propose and initiate actions, activities and workshops with artistic content which though group work will lead to a broaden local projects.
The volunteers’ tasks are:
• Develop a long-term workshop on video making/editing, photography, drawing, sculpture, arts…
• Create video documentaries for the Youtube channel KANE TV
• Develop art exhibitions at the Youth Centre of Kalamata
• Create posters, videos and advertising material for the Youth centre of Kalamata and it’s activities
• Participate in the activities of the Youth Centre as well as to the Street Festival.
To apply, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the code 17_EVS_GR_KANE on the title of the e-mail and your CV and we will send you an application form to fill in.