3-month EVS in Croatia
Location: Opatija, Croatia
Period: 01/11/2016 – 31/01/2017
Deadline: 31 July 2016
Have you ever wanted to live in Croatia? Or work in ecological organisation? If yes, then this opportunity is for you! Association Žmergo from Opatija is looking for a volunteer to join their team!
Association Žmergo is a Croatian civil society organization based in Opatija. It was founded in 1994. by local enthusiasts inspired to improve the quality of life in local community, as well as on national level. Main aims of our activities are preserving the environment, protecting natural and cultural heritage, as well as promoting sustainable development. Also, the association dedicates itself to implement projects that are directed towards education and promotion of positive values.
– event management – planning and implementing different types of events, mostly for national campaign Zelena cistka;
– IT projects – working with databases and web administration, uploading pictures and videos on Žmergo’s website and Facebook pages (along with the text);
– promotion activities – promotion of all Žmergo’s activities on-line, in local media or through public presentations, producing video materials and photos that will help to increase the visibility of the projects;
– education about environmental issues – various seminars or workshops held in the office of the organisation, schools or during various activities that will be held for public;
– PR activities – designing the PR strategy (for example how to use social media, when to contact newspapers and television, etc.) by using existing Žmergo’s PR contact database;
– marketing activities – fundraising and finding sponsorships.