“Become a Volunteer! Change the World”
Location: Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Period: 01/09/2016 – 28/02/2017
Deadline: 14 August 2016
Active Bulgarian Society NGO is looking for 1 Romanian and 1 Estonian volunteers interested in supporting the activities of a local active youth organization, organizing local initiatives, working with Erasmus+ Programme, etc.
ABS mainly focuses on cooperation with Bulgarian and foreign youth organizations to exchange experience in the field of education, culture, youth issues in the context of euro integration process, promote dialogue between young people from EU member states and candidate countries.
We work in the field of mobility learning such as organizing and being partners in many training courses, youth exchanges, volunteer initiatives, active European citizenship activities, sport, cultural, social, seminars, and conferences.
ABS works mainly with youth workers, non- profit organizations, social workers and citizens from the European Union and the partner countries.
ABS is based in Blagoevgrad and we cooperate successfully with the public institutions, universities, other local and foreign NGOs mainly in the field of non-formal and informal education and active youth participation.
Volunteers will support our team and will help us to implement our current projects and initiatives. One of the tasks of the volunteers will be to organize consultations and meetings with students and other young people, sharing their own experiences and promoting the volunteering, EVS and Erasmus+ opportunities for youth. They can organize their own themed clubs where to present their hobbies, organize discussions and debates, presentation about their country, culture, language, customs, traditions etc. This will give them the opportunity to unleash their potential and realize their ideas.
If you are interested in our project, please contact us at:
Objectives of the project:
– To take 4 young people, between 17 – 30 years old, who are unemployed, quitted or excluded from the formal education system in our organization for a period of 6 months each/ maximum 2 at the same time/;
– to improve their professional skills, knowledge and competences so that after their EVS project , they will have higher chances for professional realization on the labour market or in general;
– to help with the professional orientation of the young people in Europe, in order to increase their chances to find a job;
– to promote youth employment in the European Union, while enhancing their skills and qualifications, with special emphasis on combating youth unemployment;
– to promote European youth programs;
– to provide our volunteers competences in non-formal and informal education and training / during the voluntary service they will develop practical skills for working with groups – facilitating group processes, discussions, debates, trainings, public speaking, management of youth projects and many others/;
-to develop entrepreneurial and leadership skills of the participants as important aspects needed in the labor market;
-to encourage the active participation of young people in public life and to inspire them to act as multipliers of the new knowledge and skills in their local communities;
-To improve participants’ skills for project development, management and implementation in the youth field.
– to boost the skills of young people for self-realization in the labour market.
For more information, please contact us at: ABSociety.email@example.com or at: