EVS vacancy in Poland for Portugueses and Macedonian volunteers
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Period: 01/09/2016 – 31/08/2017
Deadline: 31 August 2016
Semper Avanti Association from Wrocław, Poland is looking for Portuguese and Macedonian volunteers to be part of Multicultural Language Cafe project!
The Semper Avanti Association was established in 2000 by a group of young, active people involved in activities towards building an open society, interested in intercultural learning and sensitive to problems in their own society. One of the main aims of the Association is working on the civil activity of young people.
The main aims of the Association are:
• to promote international co-operation and understanding between young people from different countries and different cultures;
• to provide young people with the opportunity to gain international experience for their personal and professional development;
• to make young people aware of their cultural heritage, as the base of their awareness;
• to develop regional, national and European consciousness of young people;
• to promote volunteering- local and international, as a way towards active citizenship;
• to promote international co-operation and understanding among young people from different countries and cultures;
• to support interest of young people in historical and political reality in Europe;
• to encourage involvement of young people in cultural initiatives;
• to promote Poland and the Lower Silesia region in Europe.
The main development areas now are:
• Youth mobilites and EVS
• Youth in democracy
• Youth on labor market
• International Youth Exchanges
• Voluntary Service- national and international field
• Cultural Events
• Conferences, Trainings and Seminars for young leaders and youth workers
The volunteer will be involved in action called “Multicultural Language Cafe (MLC)”. In MLC the EVS coordinator will carry out activities together with the international group of EVS and local volunteers. Much of the work, which a volunteer will be doing, is to encourage young people to participate in civic life as well as to develop their personality and European identity.
She/he will take part in the following activities:
• preparing, implementing and evaluating of local cultural projects;
• promoting culture of the origin country of the volunteer (thematic evenings, workshops, exhibitions);
• leading own language animations for youth in MLC (like language workshops, regular help in language learning to individuals and language and cultural weekend trips as well as – updating and running website of this activity);
• helping in preparation and implementation of workshops about tolerance, intercultural dialog, human rights, European identity and other similar topic;
• promoting participation in international and European programs with special emphasize on the opportunities offered by Erasmus+ Program;
• preparing documentation of the projects (filming, taking pictures);
• taking part in EVS promoting projects
• participating and helping in office work and other activities run by Semper Avanti.
Volunteers will be asked to introduced their own ideas and social action initiatives. Ideas going to be put into practice after careful analyze. The volunteer will have the possibility to take part in international and local trainings concerning youth work. Volunteer will work mainly in Wrocław.
CV and Motivation Letter send to firstname.lastname@example.org