URGENT – EVS in Cazalla Intercultural
Location: Lorca, Spain
Period: 15/01/2017 – 15/01/2018
Deadline: 2 December 2016
Due to the cancellation we are urgently loking for Polish volunteer who can start their EVS service in the middle of January for 12 months. The main tasks of the volunteer will be the activization of the youth center and implementation of the activities with young people.
Cazalla Intercultural is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the field of non-formal education and to promote and support volunteering. We work mainly with the Youth in Action program, but also participate in other European programs such as Grundtvig, Leonardo or Daphne. We have an agreement with the City of Lorca and collaborate with it´s Youth Department giving information to young people who want to travel abroad, and promoting mobility from Informajoven offices. We are a point information Eurodesk and we share the information about different mobility project.
• Contribute to local development and tolerance between cultures and races
• Promote human rights education
• Promote volunteering as a way of learning
• Contribute to improving the quality of youth work
• Create international networks with which to collaborate on global projects
• Promote mobility as a learning experience among young
• To help young people to be active citizens and participate in the European context
• Preventing gender violence among young people and contribute to gender equality.
Our points of attention:
• The Human Rights
• Global challenges
• The Interculturality
• Citizenship and participation of young people
• The prevention of gender based violence among youth
• Non-formal education
• Creativity and quality in youth work
• The active participation of citizens
· The EVS volunteer will be helping in organizing workshops and courses for local community, leisure and educational activities for children and youth, and local projects with the objective of fighting integration difficulties of recently arrived migrants in Lorca.
· The volunteer’s task will include coordination of the youth centre: organization of regular workshops for young people, administration of the youth centre in coordination with the youngsters, participation in the local initative: organization of the international days, coordinating group of local volunteers, coordination of language Exchange (spoken english for youngsters of Lorca) and similar
· The volunteer will be encourage to realize his/her own ideas for projects connected with the theme of the project.
Volunteers might be as well involved in the activities that offers youth center that is being run by the organization: organizing workshops and courses for local community, leisure and educational activities for children and youth, and local projects with the objective of fighting integration difficulties of recently arrived migrants in Lorca.
In order to apply you need to fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcIRtmauowgnnLMaq2lZhh6kqueiPAo8Q00rsdZ38SITZiMQ/viewform by 2/12/2016