Youth information, media and European mobility
Location: Brest, France
Period: 01/09/2017 – 30/06/2018
Deadline: 30 March 2017
The Bij, a youth information centre and a not-for profit organisation, is looking for one volunteer for an EVS starting in September 2017 and ending in June 2018. We will apply to April deadline.
The Bureau Information Jeunesse (BIJ) is a not-for-profit organisation created in 1993. The BIJ is a youth information centre which is a part of a network of 1500 info spot throughout France.
The BIJ is running by a team of 6 professionals which involves a general manager, an account and administration assistant, an international mobility project officer, 2 project officers and a numeric project leader.
Its main goals is inform youngsters between 16 and 35 and caters to the needs of young people on subjects such as education, vocational training, jobs, employment, cultural offering or sporting events. But also on issues like housing and health or even individual rights or international mobility (jobs, voluntary participation, education and work or training placement).
For that it has a documentation section with a free access to Internet where the welcoming is free, anonymous and adapted to the demand.
Besides, the BIJ has opened a website of their own, www.bij-brest.org which provides young people with a tremendous quantity of daily updated practical and useful information.
Apart from that, the BIJ yearly publishes a guide book “Jeunes à Brest” (Youngsters in Brest) and is also involved into the organisation of several events such as :
– The summer jobs days
– International events: the Youth International days (forum dedicated to international mobility), the “international coffee” which allow youngster to meet and speak with young people who went abroad.
The Bij is member of different networks: youth information network, Ritimo (network dedicated to international solidarity), MFP (network dedicated to vocational training), Erasmus + devoppers, etc.
Lastly, the BIJ has 2 Erasmus developers and one Erasmus + Youth expert in his staff, in addition to being a sending and hosting organisation in the EVS frame.
The range of activities is pretty wide, but remember that is mainly focus on international mobility:
– helping for updating the website and more specifically on the international part
– Paper review on international topics The volunteer will help to do the papers review on international topics by collecting or by making a selection of the articles and by archiving them chronologically.
– The youth and international days This is a yearly event that has been organised by the BIJ for 11 years. Its goal being to make international projects easier for youngsters to prepare. The volunteer will help to organise the days.
– Taking part of the international projects of the BIJ which are always different from one year to the next one The volunteer will be joining the various usual projects of the BIJ.
– Communication: distribution of flyers and posters, interviews, video-making, social networks
– setting up energizers for the groups we welcome in the BIJ, help to lead the workshop
– Outside interventions The BIJ gets to intervene in high school, higher education schools, forums… according to the demand and to the theme or the topics including international sector. That’s the reason why the volunteer may be ask to make a presentation of their own native country, by describing their culture or their EVS experiences for example.
– Sending youngsters in EVS The volunteers will also being involve into special meetings for supporting youngsters willing to go abroad through the EVS program in order to share their own experience or to provide
some advice or some help (CV and applications letters, linguistic preparation, etc.) – Personal project The volunteer will have the opportunity to implement a project related to the Youth information field.
So if you want to apply, you have to your application letter adapted on our project and your CV to our EVS coordinator, Agnès Pissavy. Here is her email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that if you send us a general motivation letter, we won’t take it into consideration your application.
You have to send your application by March, 30th, 2017. So you will know if you are pre-selected or not at the end of March. If yes, we will organise a Skype interview. We will apply to 26th April deadline.