“Many faces of the bicycle” (MFOTB)
Location: Arad, Romania
Deadline: 31 December 2016
We are currently looking for 2 motivated volunteers from Poland who like cycling to take part in this sport project that will allow them to gather experience in the social sector.
The major idea of the MFOTB project is promotion of bicycle as a tool in many dimensions and cycling as activity in local neighbourhood of Arad (Romania).
The pleasure of movement and the desire to promote sport as one of the basic elements of a healthy lifestyle have brought us together. We started to become a team by running in a group and, especially, by participating at organizing events dedicated to sport.
At the end of 2012 we set up in a sport club called Multisport Experience Club You can visit CSEM website at https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/otlas-partner-finding/organisation/clubul-sportiv-experienta-multisport.6273/
Projects activities will concentrate around identifying the needs of local community of Arad in 3 basic areas, using bicycles as a tool:
• Bike and its role in sport (promoting sport activities)
• Bike and its practical role in society (cheap transport, ecology, road safety)
• Bike and its positive influence on human health (recreation activities with the use of bike)
In connection to these activities major tasks and objectives of “Many faces of the bicycle” are:
1. Developing the necessary competences for cycling;
2. Gaining the competences of planning, realizing and evaluating of a cycling event in 9 months of the stage duration;
3. Developing the knowledge, abilities and attitudes regarding cycling road safety;
4. Implementing raising awareness campaign by organizing at least 18 workshops for public regarding cycling road safety and promotion of bicycle as a tool in 3 dimensions;
5. Updating, managing and moderating the virtual community of cyclists gathered around the activities of Multisport Experience Sports Club organisation
All You need to be a volunteer is:
• age 18-30 from Poland
• strong motivation to spend 9 months in multicultural environment of Romania
• strong devotion to cycling as major sport activity of the project
• strong believe in non-formal way of education and learning through sport
• ability to focus and do full time voluntary work
In order to apply, please send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com no later than 31st of December at 23:59 p.m. (CET). The subject of the email should be ‘EVS – MFOTB’.
If have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org