ASSB, a nursing Home in the bilignual Province of Bolzano
Location: Bolzano, Italy
Period: 01/09/2017 – 01/09/2018
Deadline: 10 January 2017
EVS in Bolzano, Italy in nursing
The “Azienda Servizi Sociali di Bolzano” (ASSB) is a public institution, which coordinates and manages the social services offered in Bolzano’s territory.
Volunteers will collaborate with the staff of nursing homes mainly with recreational and entertainment activities planned for the elderly. In particular volunteers will be involved in the following activities :
• organizing recreational activities for the elderly/handicapped people,
• talking to them,
• reading something,
• participating in some excursions of one or more days,
• making different kind of purchases (e.g. food, medicine for the guests),
• support of the educators in the activities of assistance,
• care and rehabilitation,
• accompanying the elderly with walking difficulties,
• participating in the evaluation meetings
• and planning certain matters with the educators and social workers etc.
Please bear in mind that you will work with elderly people and that they may not be as
autonomous as you could imagine. Indeed, some of them have Alzheimer or other illnesses.
Moreover , volunteers will have the opportunity to be involved in parallel activities together with other volunteers hosted in other receiving organizations coordinated by InCo. The topic of the parallel activities will change according to the project. (Making games, organising events, exhibitions, etc.)
Please go to this link and download the application http://www.incoweb.org/News/VOLUNTEERS-WANTED-in-Northern-Italy then send it as long as your CV to tea(at)cazalla-intercultural.org
Here you can find the website of Azienda Servizi di Bolzano: http://www.aziendasociale.bz.it/en/default.asp Here you can find the website of InCo, the coordinating organisation: http://www.incoweb.org/eng If you would like to know more about the EVS experience, check out the blog of the volunteers: http://www.incoweb.org/eng/Volunteers-say