EVS for Spanish volunteer in Italy (Saronno)
Location: Saronno, Italy
Period: 01/09/2017 – 01/09/2018
Deadline: 10 January 2017
EVS for a Spanish boy taking care of children in Italy
Villaggio SOS di Saronno” is member of KINDERDORF INTERNATIONAL, the largest private worldwide organization taking care of children. The headquarter is in Innsbruck, Austria. Kinderdorf International exists in more than 134 countries of the world with about 1500 institutions; it collaborates also with UNESCO. In 2002 the institution has won the HILTON HUMANITARIA PRICE, the most important international price regarding humanitarian field.“Villaggio SOS di Saronno” is led by the “Cooperativa Sociale Villaggio SOS di Saronno”, founded in 1986. The main objective of “Villaggio SOS di Saronno” is to temporally host children with personal, family and social disadvantages, mainly those whose families are not able to carry out their own tasks. The organization aims at guaranteeing to each child the integration in a family situation to ensure a proper psycho-physic growth, seen the foretold return in the own family or in a new one. In any case, the children are hosted until the reaching of an adequate self-sufficiency to manage their own life and to get integrated into society.
• Volunteers will be involved in 3 of the main services provided by villaggio SOS di Sarono:
• a. Family Houses/Le Comunità Familiari SOS, they’ll:
• >collaborate with the educators promoting free-time activities
• >accompany children from school to the Villaggio,
• >support the staff with everyday life activities and children with their homework
• >collaborate with the educators in household issues (setting the table,collaborating with the organization of the house, etc.)
• b. Day time Centres/La Bottega di Geppetto e la Botteghina, they’ll:
• > support children and youngsters with their homework,
• > collaborate with the educators in organizing and implementing recreational activities,
• > accompany children and youngsters from school and to different free-time activities.
• c. Youths’ house (“Casa dei Giovani” ), they’ll:
• >collaborate with the educators in promoting free-time activities
• >support staff in organizing and cleaning the house
• >accompany the boys to different appointments, etc.
Please download the application form from here http://www.incoweb.org/News/VOLUNTEERS-WANTED-in-Northern-Italy
and send it as long as your CV to tea(at)cazalla-interecultural.org saying the name of the specific project you are appliying for. Please keep in mind that this offer is ONLY for Spanish young people.
(Looking for a boy)