“ODEON” Project in Romania for Polish people!
Location: Arad, Romania
Period: 15/01/2017 – 15/10/2017
Deadline: 15 January 2017
1) During the 300 day mobility in Arad, for 10 young people from France, Italy, Poland, Greece, Slovakia, with limited interpersonal/social/intercultural experiences: bringing to the surface those life skills useful to integrating in various social situations and to adopting a more dynamic life style.
2) Over the course of 10 months, for the benefit of at least 400 teenagers in Arad: developing an integrated program for sexual education, health education and promoting good manners.
The volunteers’ tasks with regards to the Work Packages, relate to the following components:
– PLANNING & PREPARATION, for ex: deciding the format & the work methods and elaborating the detailed design of the action; involvement in elaborating the support- materials (preparing case study videos, various hand-outs, multimedia presentations); reserving & renting venues; promoting online&offline activities, recruiting participants; inviting resource-people, safely & protection measures; other preparatory admin- practical measures
– IMPLEMENTATION, for ex: technical support offered to the youth worker in facilitating the action; measures to (co-)facilitate the action and the chosen methods; close cooperation with the invited resource-people; collecting evidence (photo/video, attendance forms, etc) for evaluation/reporting; admin-practical measures
– DISSEMINATION OF RESULTS
– BI-MONTHLY INTERNAL REPORT The main results of the project are those achieved by the EVS volunteers and by the members of the target groups in Arad.
Over the course of 5 days/week, the volunteers will develop 4 types of activities, working in mixed teams:
“ODEON” CAMPAIGN: non-formal sexual & health education activities, in formats such as: “world café”; ”reflection groups and facilitated discussions”; ”workshops”; ”living library”; ”treasure-hunt”; ”quiz”; ”kino-club”; etc. Taking into account the format of each activity:
a) The following themes will be approached/discussed/explored: “gender identity”; “contraception”; “sexually transmitted infections”; “homophobia”; “sexual violence & exploitation”; “menstruation”; “masturbation”; “family planning”; “sexual ethics”; “pregnancy & fetal development”; “abortion”; etc
b) Some of the activities will mark international days, such as: “International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation” si “World Valentine Day” (February); ”International Day of Happiness”(March); ”World Health Day”(April); ”International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia”(May);”International Right to Know Day” (September); ”International Day of Non-Violence”(October);”Transgender Day of Remembrance” si ”International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women” (November); ”World AIDS Day” si “Human Rights Day”(December)
c) The following will be invited as resource-people: youth workers, trainers, psychologists, doctors, underage mothers, people with HIV-AIDS, local informal leaders, etc.
”ODEON” DEBATE CLUBS: support in developing various clubs, in formats such as: -”Karl Popper” -“Parliamentary” -“World Schools” Examples of topics for debates: “marriage between same sex people should be legalized”; “gay pride parades are justified”; “abortion should be banned”; “sexual education should be a mandatory class in school”; “legalizing sex work is justified”; “churched should change their official stance on contraceptives”; etc.
”ODEON” WORKSHOPS: support in developing good manners interactive workshops related to the project’s topics: “asking people to go out”; “wardrobe”; “courting and flirting”; “civil union, engagement, marriage”; “teenagers and their parents”; “the art of giving & receiving”; “behaviors of couples in various public spaces”; “confidence vs rudeness”; etc.
”ODEON” PLUS: support in developing interactive foreign language sessions (the native languages of the EVS volunteers).
CV and Motivation Letter send to firstname.lastname@example.org