Fac(e)’IN a Crowd
Location: Sfantu Gheorghe, Romania
Period: 02/07/2017 – 07/10/2017
Deadline: 18 January 2017
Asociatia ‘Clubul Tinerilor din Sfantu Gheorghe’ is looking for 1-1 volunteer from ARMENIA, ESTONIA, ITALY and HUNGARY. The main aim of our project is to raise the level of information and to increase awareness about the importance of cooperation between different cultures.
Asociatia ‘Clubul Tinerilor din Sfantu Gheorghe’ is an organization founded in 2007 and legally registered in 2008. Our main goal is to realize local and international youth projects. We are young professionals (sociologist, social workers, economists, teachers, psychologist, youth workers) with several years of experience in the youth field (having been members and leaders of other organizations). Our NGO is organizing regular activities for a group of 30 volunteers, most of them youngsters. We have organized also major events like the Youth Festival, a contest for the youth NGO’s from our county where more than 100 youngsters competed and shared experiences. We have also international experience as we have participated in several youth exchanges and trainings under the Youth In Action program. We also organized a 4.3 training in our town called ‘Triple C: Cultures-Communication-Cooperation’. Our organization is also involved in green projects in our town, we are working together with 77. Bora Istvan scout team in this field.
We are accredited for sending and hosting EVS volunteers. We already were the coordinator and host of some EVS projects (Behind the Wall – 10 month, 2 volunteer; VIP Voluntarism in Promotion – 2 month, 5 volunteer; With all Colours EVS Rainbow – 6 month, 2 volunteer; With all Colours EVS Rainbow 2 – 6 months, 2 volunteer) and we have sent several volunteers abroad (Youth Voice for Society – 5 month, 1 volunteer, Mobile Youth Work – Key for yoouth involvement – 1 month, 5 volunteer; The Trainers and Leaders of Future – 4 month, 2 volunteer).
Regarding to the project objectives the proposed project activities are the following:
1. Informational workshops with volunteers to inform about the developement of the project and the working methods provided in the project
2. Non-formal workshops with Roma and non-Roma young people
3. Intercultural evenings in 4 cities of Covasna county: Sfantu Gheorghe, Covasna, Targu Secuiesc and Baraolt.
4. EVS Caravan, promotion of voluntarism, EVS and Erasmus+ program in 4 cities of Covasna county: Sfantu Gheorghe, Covasna, Targu Secuiesc and Baraolt.
5. Round table discussions about the future cooperation between Roma and non-Roma young people with other civic youth organizations
6. Preparing and implementing NO HATE campaign for/with the locals to raise awareness about the diversity and the importance of tolerance in order to live together in equality by organizing Human Library
The volunteers will work about 30 hours a week, from Monday to Friday. The weekends will be free. They will have 2 free days in each month, and it has to be arranged between the volunteers and organization when they want to enjoy this free days.
If you are interested please send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com!
URGENT call for Volunteer, we actually need ASAP applications