Faces of Rural Europe
Location: Kémes, Hungary
Period: 05/02/2017 – 05/11/2017
Deadline: 20 January 2017
Discover a picturesque rural area. Meet the people, discover the recipes and traditions.
We are looking for volunteers from Spain, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania. With the help of the EVS volunteers, we will organise events for the local people, like intercultural evenings, activities for children, different workshops.
The volunteers will discover the routes of the Ormánság Greenway, by bike or canoe. A greenway is a road network used only for non-motorised vehicles (bicycles, horse and carts, hiking). The Ormánság Greenway contains routes on the existing roads, where is less traffic, or on bike paths.
Through these trips on the Greenway, the volunteers will discover the area, the people and culture.
The Analog Photo is another element of the project. The volunteers will learn the analog photo techniques from an expert photographer, and then, they will exhibit the photos.
The volunteers will go in the region to collect old traditional recepies. Later, they will edit a cookbook which will be beased on those recepies. The cookbook will represent one of the cultural heritages of this rural area.
Please send us a CV and motivation letter to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable Ormánság Nonprofit ltd started to organise programs for the local community since 2009. In 2013 has started its first EVS project. Since then, the organisation works to organise EVS projects every year. By the help of the volunteers, new elements of culture can reach the population from this poor area, and give more opportunities and ideas for the local people.
– The volunteer will organise a program (in team) for the youngsters at the local schools.
– He will organise interviews with the local people
– He will organise events (in team) for the local people, e.g. intercultural events, workshops.
– He will learn how to use the analog and digital photo camera, as well as the video camera. Proffessional photographer and film maker will train the volunteers.
– he will collect recepies and will edit a cookbook.
– he will discover the area by bicycle tours and canoe tours.