Nature Success Stories
Location: Ayia Varvara, Nicosia, Cyprus
Period: 15/02/2017 – 15/06/2017
Deadline: 2 February 2017
Almyras Cultural and Environmental Workshop is looking for one (1) Greek volunteer interested in working with young students on educational visits in schools for promoting environmental protection.All activities involve non-formal education. You are the right person for this position if you enjoy nature, you are environmentally concerned and willing to learn more about environmental issues, patient and interested in working with young students (age 6-18 years old) and interested to gain or improve competences and gain valuable experiences. Also it is important to have an interest in education and cultural issues and promoting various ways of involvement in community life of young people. Finally, the volunteer must be comfortable working as a part of a team and under supervision.
Volunteers with a special interest in arts, photography, sports (hiking/cycling), video/sound development and farming/environment are encouraged to use, share, and improve their skills for the project’s purposes.
Almyras is an NGO which deal with cultural and environmental issues focusing on countryside activities and workshops. Almyras members are farmers, educators, scientists, researchers, artists, authors, literary people, pupils, housewives, skilled people, who all share the same love towards culture and environment. Almyras is involved in a variety of activities evolving around a local level and international projects and trainings.
– The promotion of the countryside, through several activities and events.
– The recovery, collection, elaboration, promotion and strengthening of folklore, historical and traditional elements of the countryside.
– The organization of several events which aim to inform its members, as well as the residents of the wider area.
– To form a network of scientists, as well as of literate people and artists, so that they share their knowledge with the residents of the countryside and to promote creativity through different activities.
– Research development in the fields of science, technology and the environment.
– A powerful presence, by taking initiatives and participating in local, peripheral and international partnerships and programs which are related to the subject of the activities of the workshop.
The volunteer’s task will be:
– Participate in environmental school visits in the wider area of south Nicosia district using non-formal education and outdoor activities;
– Carry on the preparation and evaluation of the school visits;
– Assist on the organisation of events, workshops and activities of the organisation related to the environment;
– Create events and workshops for the local community;
– Promote of the project through webpages and social media.
-Promote the Erasmus plus programme in the wider rural area of the organisation.
Please send us a CV and motivation letter to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org