Develop Yourself Through Social Work
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Period: 03/04/2017 – 06/10/2017
Deadline: 20 February 2017
THE SOCIAL INCUBATOR is looking for two EVS Volunteers for a short term mobility (from Greece and Italy). You will have the chance to change the lives of orphan and abandoned teenagers in Romania, while living the experience of your life.
The Social Incubator NGO was set up by 5 professionals from diverse backgrounds (banking, strategy consulting, legal consulting, public administration and social sector) who share the same vision about the need for a positive, sustainable change in the lives of the disadvantaged people in Romania. The NGO’s mission is to create a platform to identify and fully implement innovative social solutions, also via setting up new social enterprises. Our initiatives address 3 key areas: 1) Education and social-professional integration (for disadvantaged children and teenagers); 2) Healthcare services (for disadvantaged individuals); 3) Social economy and inclusion (for various disadvantaged categories). The main target groups (envisaged at this stage) are: i) disadvantaged teenagers (incl. orphan and abandoned, NEETs); ii) vulnerable women (e.g. victims of home abuse, human trafficking victims); iii) persons with disabilities (esp. moving and physical disabilities); iv) elderly persons in need of care.
Since May 2014, The Social Incubator has been running an extensive program called “A brighter future for young orphans”, aiming for a real and sustainable social and professional integration of orphanage teenagers (aged 16 years and older). We currently cover the entire Bucharest-Ilfov region in Romania (based on collaboration agreements with DGASPC from all sectors of Bucharest) and all 8 administrative regions in Romania.
This program provides career guidance and counselling services along with non-formal and informal trainings to help disadvantaged youth integrate into society by identifying their own vocation and leveraging their individual potential (ultimate goal: facilitate their access to the labour market and to a subsidised home).
The learning outcomes and competences are diverse and depend on the type of activities the volunteers are involved in. So, from shadowing our team members and working beside them on a daily basis and participating in creative meetings, the following competences will be aquired/improved:
– Broadening technical knowledge – by giving support in organizing events to promote our social project (e.g. visits to partner companies, presenting our results and future collaboration options, fundraising events)
– Networking/exposure – by participating at fundraising events and official galas
– Management and leadership development – by giving support in organizing different events and activities (either activities for our beneficiaries: workshops, picnic, sports, cultural, either other events: fundraising, the ATSI volunteers meeting, etc.)
– Social Media learning – by using the online workspace in which the team shares information and by using the online tools we use to communicate with beneficiaries
– Learning a new language – by participating at Romanian language courses, after 6 months, the participants will definitely have at least a basic knowledge of Romanian
– Entrepreneurship – by connecting with young people from the local community, including our social enterprises, thus enhancing their opportunities to find a job, or to start their own project.
If you are interested, please send an email at email@example.com. We cannot wait to meet you 🙂