FAVORISER L’ÉDUCATION INTERCULTURELLE
Location: Saint Brieuc – France
Period: 01/09/2017 – 30/06/2018
Deadline: 26 March 2017
In a small high school (415 students), the volunteer will propose cultural and intercultural activities for high school students, will drive the actions of students and CVL in terms of international exposure and cross-cultural discovery may animating school life times in a foreign language, proposing discoveries, exhibitions, contacts with organizations that promote mobility, educate students on the European and international mobility, accompany the students in their search for international mobility solutions. It may also be linked to the foreign pupils in the school.
On extra-curricular time, language support. Exchange accompaniment (including internships abroad in Germany) for example.
The CVL is today a place of exchange and regulation. The volunteer will give a dimension of cultural activities and international openness by pulsing in connection with school life, actions based on its initiatives and those of the students.
The Lycée St Charles is an institution that welcomes 420 students, in the heart of a school complex that also includes a college of 680 students. It does not offer any formations of higher education and has the particularity of offering only the general way (BAC L-ES-S). Private establishment under an association contract.
It has 3 European sections (English-German-Spanish) and partnerships (exchanges) with foreign institutions (Ireland, Canada, Germany, Spain).
In addition, the structure is waiting for its accreditation number. She has already taken all the necessary steps to ensure the proper implementation of her accreditation for hosting a volunteer.
In a small high school (415 students), the volunteer will propose cultural and intercultural activities for high school students, will drive the actions of students in terms of international exposure and cross-cultural discovery, may animating school life times in a foreign language, may propose discoveries, exhibitions, contacts with organizations that promote mobility, educate students on the European and international mobility, may accompaign the students in their search for international mobility solutions. The volunteer may also participate to international internship abroad, in Germany mostly.
Furthemore, the project is divided in three main tasks :
– The volunteer will animate the “CVL” (School life council) with the Principal educational adviser : the volunteer may then propose cultural activities and entertain the School life council. The objective of this task is to promote the discovery of foreign european cultures in opening and breaking down prejudices and stereotypes.
– The volunteer will animate the permanency of “International opening” : mobilty of students, presentation of the diverse existing mobility programs. The objective of this task is for the volunteer to accompaign students in building their mobility projects.
– The volunteer will take part in language support in proposing foreign language conversation workshops. The objective of this tasks is to promote the expression of students in a foreign language.
Please send an email to email@example.com with :
– your CV
– a motivation letter
– THE REFERENCE OF THE PROJECT “FAVORISER L’ÉDUCATION INTERCULTURELLE” in the title of the email
– the full contact details of your EVS sending organization