VILLAGE CITY FUSION
Location: Pécs and Szaporca (Hungary)
Period: 01/05/2017 – 31/12/2017
Deadline: 28 February 2017
Eight month EVS project in Hungary between 1 May – 31 December 2017
for six volunteers from Italy, Turkey and Spain! The aim of the project is to develop the quality of the life in urban and rural area. Our main goal is to develop contact which support the sustainability of the city and economical and cultural growth of the village. City need the village and the village need the city. This is the fusion of the habits, needs, lifestyles of the urban and rural people. Ökográf Egyesület has a community place in the city center called Létra. We organise there contemporary art exhibitions, discussions, presentations, concerts, webradio, workshop, graphic and photo studio, trainings, showroom.
Ökográf Association has bases in city of Pécs and in the disadvantaged village of Szaporca. We focus on the valuable life and lifestyle
even in the village and also in the city. We forward discussion, cooperation between rural and urban including children, (unemployed)
youngsters and adults. Main topics are: traditions, environmental protection, cultural diversity, intercultural learnning, keeping values.
3 volunteers – 3 activities in the city of Pécs:
1. Sewing (designed clothes, sew bags, screen printing, recycled jewelleries, using the motives collected in the village)
2. Film and report (film about city-village situation, making reports with the people, shooting film, make sho rt films in different languages)
3. Website, APPS, graphics (blog site, graphic design, branding, pop-up postcards using traditional motives of the village, alternative map about Szaporca and Pécs)
3 volunteers – 3 activities in the village of Szaporca:
1. Rural values (description in english about the local traditional built, natural, cultural and social values, collecting memories and taking pictures about the region, do exhibition in the city and the village)
2. Environmental education (discovering Ormánság, one of the most diverse landscape in Europe, teaching its value through non-formal education, games and activities for example: memory games from wood, discover the types of the trees; workshops for the pupils in the city and village)
3. Gardening (gardening, grow seedling, greenhouse, produce food, conservation, design the labels, share the knowledge and product in the city, community garden in the city)
Only for Italian Volunteers: send and email to AceA Onlus (Italian Sending Organisation) email@example.com with CV + Motivation letter untill 28 of February!