Location: Wrocław Poland
Period: 01/03/2017 – 28/02/2018
Deadline: 17 February 2017
Stowarzyszenie Tratwa from Poland is searching for a volunteers from Italy, Spain and Latvia for 12 months, from March til February 2018. For more info send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video about us:
Our organisation TRATWA exists almost for 17 years. One of the organisation’s mission is to create conditions of work suitable for vulnerable young people and to help with their social integration.
The EVS project will be based in DEPOT Centre of Intercultural Project in Wrocław. This is a special place on the map of Wroclaw because of the voluntary dimension. This is the most important meeting place for young people with a huge potential to organize youth exchanges, social events, concerts, theater performances, film screenings, workshops and other various events.
The Centre of Intercultural Project DEPOT (PPM ZAJEZDNIA) is an informal cultural center. There are two musical studies and music stage for concerts.
More information about our organisation you can find on the website: http://www.tratwa.org/english#welcome
The main tasks for volunteers:
– organizing language animation – organizing workshops for young people with the possibility of use of the infrastructure that we have in our facility like photography darkroom, technical workshop (bicycle repair), music studio, theater room – organizing meetings and presenting the culture of the countries of volunteers – helping young people in learning, increase their motivation to learn and support studying – help young people to realize their socio-cultural individual projects .
– leading workshops for seniors
– organizing language animation
– support the local community to implement projects
– animate the local neighborhood by organizing of cultural events, workshops and exhibitions, organization of festivals or meetings for residents.
Additionally our organization counts on the volunteers to provide some assistance to the technical staff and develop workcamps on Depot building, an old hangar of trams that was converted into the main activities space of the organization by volunteer work for the past 10 years. The EVS volunteers will also have a positive impact in the life of the organization.
One of the objectives of the project is to develop a sense of community, leadership skills and intercultural awareness through social activism. They volunteers will learn how to be workshop’s leaders and later they will design, prepare and execute workshops or local actions.
– volunteers will prepare and execute workshops and activities to promote European awareness in schools in the region,
– help the students to practice the communication in English,
– promote problem-solving methods and social activism.
The EVS volunteers will also take advantage of this network by going around the Lower Silesia region to participate in social actions, to prepare activities in schools, to execute workshops in cultural centers and to volunteer in NGOs festivals.
Send your application to: email@example.com