URGENT! Reporter in Gaugazia
Location: Comrat, Moldavia
Period: 01/04/2017 – 31/10/2017
Deadline: 15 March 2017
The project aims at covering the lack of information and promotion of the Gaguzian culture and traditions via a series of photo and video reportages which would reveal to the national and international community the insights of the mostly unknown culture of an ethnic minority from Moldova, namely the Gagauzian minority. On the other hand the volunteers will inform Moldovan society about European integration processes, as well as providing issue-related support to governmental bodies, media, NGOs and specialized research institutions.
The volunteers will prepare a series of video and photo reportages about the social and cultural life of Gagauzia and will write periodical newsletters about the culture of the region.
There is an opportunity to participate in the same project in Chisinau, the capital city of Moldova, where the volunteers will have the same tasks but adapted to the realities of the city.
The mission of the “Miras-Moldova” public association is to address social concerns in the Gagauzian autonomy:
– “Miras-Moldova” works to raise awareness of the Gagauzian culture, encourage social integration of ethnic minorities into Moldovan society and to save the cultural heritage of the Moldovan population.
– “Miras-Moldova” also supports families of disabled youth from surrounding communities. Volunteers from the public administration work with individuals with a range of disabilities including physical, sensory, mental and learning disabilities.
– work independently on tasks and improve their teamwork skills and are involved in meetings;
– be strengthened in cross-cultural competence;
– get to know the daily routine of the institution;
– have opportunities for self-testing.
– offers to encourage the movement and participation in community life, walking, assistance with trips
– offer of receipt or the promotion of cognitive skills, such as board games and card games, memory games, looking at photos
– painting and crafting deals, crafts, musical offerings
– working on projects and seasonal festivals, fairs.
Please send your cv and motivation letter to email@example.com
Only for Spanish