Focus – European Centre for Development
Location: In the city of Pazardjik, Bulgaria
Period: 01/04/2017 – 30/09/2017
Deadline: 10 March 2017
The aim is through direct and indirect participation in the life work of the host organization Association “Focus – European Centre for Development”,Volunteers plan activities under the project to acquire new knowledge and skills, competencies/non-formal education. Personal example of team-
work, communication, a new language, explore new rituals and traditions will enrich the volunteers and will provide:
– Opportunities for acquiring knowledge and competencies;
– Building communication skills and work with people with disabilities;
– Acquisition of language skills / written and spoken Bulgarian language;
– Skills in team work.
– Acquisition of responsibility towards the disadvantaged groups.
– Better understanding of people with disabilities.
Association “Focus – European Center for Development” Pazardjik was founded like a non-profit organisation. Members of the organization are specialists and public figures united around the idea of protecting the people’s right of life in a supportive environment, ideas for active youth participation in public life and strengthening the principles of civil society and democracy. Organization works on national level.
A) Social activities: AT THE DAY CENTRE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
– Educational activities: individual, active, yet flexible, adapted to the specific needs of youth and to his personal rhythm.
– Socialization, sports and leisure activities.
– Support for the development of autonomy inself.
B) Education: WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY
– Monitoring and Prevention
– Meetings with students, public / presentations, discussions, workshops
C) MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION/ YOUTH INFORMATION/ PROJECT MANAGEMENT: AT THE OFFICE
– This activity will enable volunteers to work with projects.
– He/She will help the young people visiting our office to find the information they need, answer their questions and help them to find information on the Internet.
D) PERSONAL PROJECTS
This activity will enable volunteers to develop a personal project. Presentation of the home country in an unconventional way and/or innovative, creative ideas presented and implemented by the volunteer during EVS.
1) Prepare your registration in English (or in the official language of the destination country);
2) Complete the application form of the project in English and located at:
3) Submit both documents: email@example.com and also firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the name of the project in which would like to participate.