Green Fingers – Little School Gardeners
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Period: 19/04/2017 – 16/06/2017
Deadline: 17 March 2017
We are looking for12 enthusiastic volunteers from 5 countries (Macedonia, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Serbia) awith a wish to engage them in the urban school gardening project in 3 school together with around 1200 children and teachers. Apart from getting their green fingers dirty in soil during gardening activities, volunteers will also have as tasks teaching their native languages to children with non-formal education methods, organize workshops on the topic of environmental protection, work on crafting projects in the school yards and help us organize and promote public events (2 “Urban Garden Party” events on 5th and 26th of May and awareness event for the Environment Protection Day on 5th June).
Organization O.A.ZA. (Oasis) was founded in January 2013 with a headquarter in Zagreb, Croatia to promote sustainable development, with special emphasis on youth work.
Mission – To offer programs and a supporting environment for the development of responsible young people who will be exemplary carriers of sustainable development of society.
Vision – A sustainable society in which every person is authentic and guided by principles of responsibility, balance, and compassion, and lives spiritually and in harmony with all living beings.
Domains of activity:
– Personal development
– Ecology and environment
– Socially responsible entrepreneurship
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES WITH CHILDREN:
(1) gardening with children
(2) language workshops for children (“Garden Dictionary”)
(3) craft, recycling and garden decorations workshops
(4) environment education with children
(5) organising the “Urban Garden Party”
(6) organising a public awareness activity for the International Environment Protection Day (June 5th)
(7) “Love Your Greens” promotion of vegetarian cooking.
(8) On-Arrival Training,
(9) Introduction to working with children,
(10) Introduction to sustainable gardening,
(11) Educational excursions.
(12) personal project
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com