Location: Palermo, Italy
Period: 01/10/2017 – 30/06/2018
Deadline: 31 March 2017
The main objective of this project is to promote the European Union and European citizenship at the local level by forging the European identity of young generations.
Young students attend non-formal learning workshops and lectures about European geography, European countries and their diverse cultures and traditions, European institutions and their functioning and responsibilities, European policies and Fundamental Rights.
There is an occasion in each workshop and lecture for reflecting about international issues, exchanging views on diversities, sharing experiences and opinions.
Activities will take place mostly in primary and medium schools. Some schools are located in deprived areas and we often face children with socio-economic disadvantages, a migrant background or mental disabilities (intellectual, cognitive, learning).
Euromed Carrefour Sicilia is a non-profit organisation based in Palermo, whose goal is spreading information about Europe, European Union and European funding programs.
GOALS OF THE CENTRE
• To provide information and assistance about the EU and its policies and programmes;
• To educate local citizens and organizations to be responsive to the challenges and opportunities offered by the EU;
• To actively promote debate about the EU and its policies, supporting Participatory Citizenship;
• To foster the concept of European citizenship through educational activities as well as international mobility and cultural exchanges.
• Taking part in activities and workshop about Europe and European Union in primary and middle schools
• Designing and carrying out workshops about their country and culture
• Dissemination of the Europe Direct pedagogical resources
• Participation in Public events (seminars, festivals, fairs)
• Developing activities for the Europe day
• Promoting EVS and Erasmus+ Programme
Application process is open to both volunteers and organisations supporting volunteers.
If you are interested in this project, please send your CV and specific motivation letter (if you already have a Sending Organisation, please include its data) to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com UNTIL the 31st of MARCH 2017. We kindly ask you to write “EVS Password – Application” in the subject of your email.
After a first selection, an interview will be organized by Skype.
PROFILE OF THE VOLUNTEER:
The volunteer should be an open and active person with interest in working with children and young people and who feels comfortable taking part in activities in schools, even in the presence of children with disabilities. He/she must have interest in organizing non formal education activities about his/her own culture, country and language.
We are looking for a volunteer who is really motivated to participate to the project during all its duration and that is aware of his/her commitment to the project. Volunteers should be highly motivated to learn Italian. Knowledge of Italian is not compulsory, but it would be a plus.
Driving license is not necessary.