The power of non -formal education take – EVS challenge.
Period: 07/04/2017 – 30/09/2017
Deadline: 26 March 2017
#EVS vacancy in Romania for Polish volunteers – 6 months – application deadline 26 March 2017
Mission Cubra de Culture is to contribute to the development of teenagers and young people as part of the communities they live in, aware of belonging to the Romanian culture and their role as active and responsible citizens using non-formal education as a complement formal education system. The values that guide curve culture in everyday life, and that we believe may change the dynamics of Romanian society are:
– continuous improvement
The main activity of the project is a Mobility for Young People – European Voluntary Service in Izvoarele commune, Prahova County, Romania. The mobility will last for 6 months. Due to our previous collaborations in the frame of other projects Curba de Cultura has a better contact with local authorities. So we have the support of local school administration, Cultural Centre, Mayor’s Office and the Museum.
After the induction period at the beginning of the mobility the volunteers will start working in different places for the accomplishment of the objectives. During the entire mobility Curba de Cultura through its project team will monitor and coordinate all the activities ran by the volunteers.
The activities the volunteers will organize and take part in will be, but not limited to:
1. Promoting nonformal learning and volunteering in the extended community. This will be done in local school in the community through energizers, icebreakers, teambuilding games simulation games and workshops during small events or during different holidays (Spring events, Easter, “School Differently” – week, Summer holidays etc).
2. Non-formal learning activities with young people and children in the school during English language classes. The previous project showed us that children and youngsters feel much more motivated to learn and speak English or any other foreign language when they see its utility and when the process is done in a less theoretical manner. Once a week for each school the volunteers will attend the foreign languages classes and play learning games in order to improve the learning process. The teacher and the volunteers will always discuss beforehand about the topic and the methods to be used.
3. Nonformal learning activities with young people aged 15-19 within the Youth Centre. The volunteers (EVS and local) will design and implement short activities or workshops for young people attending the youth centre. They will facilitate board games and competitions, group discussions and English Speaking meetings.
4. Organizing cinema nights in the community and the surrounding villages. A team made of EVS volunteers and local volunteers will be in charge of organizing cinema nights for the community. The previous project showed us that cinema nights are more than welcomed due to the fact that the nearest cinema is at more than 50 km away. The attendance for the previous cinema nights varied but it was always over 20 people and reaching even 100 spectators. The team in charge of cinema nights will take care of the logistics and will take part in short discussions after the movie. The films will always be chosen to have a strong community theme aiming at sensibilisation of the local population towards their own issues and solutions.
5. Managing the library within the youth centre. Curba de Cultura youth centre has also a library with books interesting for youngsters. This was entirely designed to be managed by young people for young people. This way the EVS volunteers can take part together with the local volunteers in managing the library. They will act as librarians, they will register books, register new readers, lend books and send out e-mail to late customers.
6. Documenting activities and reporting. For every activity the volunteers will have to fill in a report. Also every week there will be a status meeting with the volunteers’ coordinator to evaluate the work done and to set up new plans for the next week. Also the volunteers will be encouraged to write blog post and articles for Curba de Cultura web page in order to share their experience and to encourage other youngsters to take the same challenges. This will also be an important part of the project especially for raising awareness regarding the European Opportunities offered to young people.
7. Mentoring sessions. As often as agreed with the mentor but not less than once a month, they will help volunteers evaluate their learning process, set objectives and mediate possible incidents. The methods used by the mentor will be voluntary, participatory based and centred on volunteer’s needs and experiences.
Please send your CV and motivation lette directly to the sending organisation- Europejskie Froum Młodzieży! Contact person: Ms Magdalena Szabunio, E-mail: email@example.com