Location: Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Period: 01/05/2017 – 30/04/2018
Deadline: 20 April 2017
The EVS project offers learning opportunities and experience for a volunteer from Czech republic, who is interested in arts, culture and youth work. The volunteers are free to contribute to daily operation, event management, technical assistance, and/or initiate projects on their own while enjoying the cultural program of centre. The city has a strong base for NGOs, underground as well as mainstream culture. During the week, it is rather calm after 11pm, weekends are more lively. There are lots of hiking paths and picturesque surroundings to be enjoyed by nature lovers. There are two universities and Academy of Arts attended by more than ten thousand students.
The cultural centre Záhrada (“Garden”) is located in the historical city centre of Banská Bystrica, an old mining town. It has a venue, where concerts, theatre and dance performances, discussions, workshops and festivals are organized (200 events/year).
Open dramaturgy of the centre gives opportunity to personal development of volunteers with organisational, technical and manual skills as well as artistic ambitions.
– daily operation of the cultural centre
– event management and ticketing
– production, caring for artists and café service
– technical assistance – sound engineering
– technical assistance – light design of concerts and performances
– manual work and garden park maintenance
– organizing outdoor and leisure activities for the locals