Location: Sandrigo, Italy
Period: 01/02/2018 – 31/01/2019
Deadline: 10 April 2017
We are currently looking for 3 motivated volunteers from France, England and Germany to take part in this stimulating project that will allow them to gather experience in the social
Cooperativa Margherita is a non-profit organization and social enterprise based on the principle of mutuality. It has been established in 1987 and it offers specific services arising in response to social needs, with a strong vocation for multi-level integration and development of the people involved. Our main target groups are children, youth, elderly and persons with disabilities who are suffering from social exclusion. We provide them with lifelong learning, training and support activities which aim at their growth, self-determination and the containing of cognitive impairments. Each activity is built in connection with the local network, formed by associations, authorities and the citizens themselves.
Moreover, we deal also with different issues focusing on: territorial cooperation and social development, women at work, the economic crisis, human rights and migration. We create training patterns about specific sector and topics – such as about the need of team-working and of drafting and evaluating the projects at the community level – and awareness raising events about emerging territory-related issues – i.e. equity and inclusion, active citizenship and participation, social policies, etc. We aim at activating the local community also through the organisation of public events and meetings, fostering active citizenship and responsible participation. In the last years, we are hence proposing ourselves not only as a provider of social and health services, but also as a “cultural vehicle of change” proposing activities for both our target groups and the whole citizenship.
Full description: https://europa.eu/youth/volunteering/organisation/941176354_en
Our website: www.cooperativamargherita.org/en
There are a lot of activities that volunteers can realize at Cooperativa Margherita, but they may be differentiated mainly in two types. It is worth mentioning that each volunteer will be focused on one area/service (disabled people, children, elderly people, cultural activities) to contribute with his/her creativity to the development of proposed activities.
1. The interaction between the volunteers and the users of Margherita’s Centres. This means the participation of the volunteers in various activities in support of: disadvantaged and/or disabled people and youth, elderly with Alzheimer or other cognitive problems, children and minors in need of special protection and/or with disadvantaged backgrounds (including immigrants or descendant from immigrants families). This might include:
– Animation activities in the territory (excursions, walks, etc.);
Stimulation interventions and workshops (writing, reading, memory exercises, etc.);
– Participate in meetings with family members, caregivers, family assistants;
– Expressive, cognitive and sensory-motor activities (painting, writing, swimming);
– Social integration labs (recycled paper labs, cultural visits, leisure activities);
– Support for hygiene/personal care;
– Technical laboratories of informatics and communication;
– Social skills workshops (rules of behaviour, processing of moods);
– Territorial integration, in collaboration with other entities and associations;
– Evening entertainment (theatre, cinema);
– Climatic stays and excursions at the seaside or mountains;
2. Supporting the Cooperative social and cultural activities. Margherita has new Headquarters with a café and new multifunctional rooms. The new Headquarters are intended as an open space to promote territorial animation and social initiatives directed to the citizens in general but focused also in attracting youth (including those with disadvantaged backgrounds). Moreover the Cooperative along the years is increasing its role of cultural centre. Thanks to this, the volunteers will be asked to:
– Help in the management of new the facilities, establishing a direct contact on the territory with the purpose of creating new integration opportunities;
– Co-design and implement public activities to involve, not only the users of the centers, but also youth and citizens (laboratories, courses, events, etc.);
– Collaborate to the cultural, promotional and fundraising activities of the Cooperative;
– Sensitize and promote topics concerning human rights and social issues;
– Support the management of “no-working” activities, i.e. the free-time within individual projects, etc.;
– Strength the links with the wider social environment.
We are looking for:
– Youth strongly motivated in making an experience of service toward disadvantaged people
– Ready to have an experience of cultural exchange
– Able to relate with people with different culture/backgrounds
– Strong communication attitude
Send your CV (European format) and Motivation letter (no more than one A4 page) in English to email@example.com. Please indicate in the email or motivation letter to which position/activity you are interested, when you are willing to star and the name of your sending organization.
Short-selected volunteers will be contacted for a Skype Interview
Full text of the call: http://www.cooperativamargherita.org/europa/evs/english-open-call-for-evs-volunteers-deadline-for-application-10th-april-2017/ Short Info: Location. The headquarters of Margherita (the Receiving Organization) is in Sandrigo, a village in the Vicenza Province. The village is connected through the public transport service to Vicenza and to the most characteristic towns of the Province. The village is in a rural area of the province but offers some cultural entertainment: cinema, public places frequented by young people, swimming pools, sport facilities, meeting places of various cultural associations and aggregation. Accomodation. Volunteers will be hosted in a shared flat located near the Cooperative Headquarters. During lunchtime they will eat at the canteen of the cooperative while for dinner they will manage independently. They will receive a monthly pocket money plus a food allowance in accordance to the rule of the Erasmus Plus Programme.