Development Education and Social Transformation
Location: Pamplona, Spain
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/08/2017
Deadline: 5 April 2017
SETEM Navarra-Nafarroa is a development and a volunteer-based NGO. SETEM is an organization whose goal is to raise awareness in our society about North-South inequalities, to report their causes and promote social, individual and collective changes, to achieve a fairer and more solidary world. The Volunteer will help us during the day to day activities.
some of the tasks will be:
• Awareness and training through courses, trips, workshops, publications and campaigns.
• promotion of alternatives, mainly Fair Trade, Ethical Finance and Solidarity Economy through campaigns, specialized programs and by selling Fair Trade products.
• Solidarity with organizations of “countries of the South” through exchanges and cooperation.
• Participate in meetings of the Fair Trade Consortium.
• Participate in workshops and lectures iabout solidarity economy, responsible consumption and fair trade.
• Participate in the work of management, supporting the Fair Trade shop and stall.
SETEM Navarra-Nafarroa is a development and a volunteer-based NGO. SETEM is an organization whose goal is to raise awareness in our society about North-South inequalities, to report their causes and promote social, individual and collective changes, to achieve a fairer and more solidary world. We believe in a culture of international solidarity that respects the dignity of the “peoples of the south” and is oriented to expose and eradicate the structural causes of inequalities. We are 3 people working and about 15 volunteers.
We have management experience in international volunteer programs. We have been organizing volunteer work programs in several Latin American countries with local organizations for more than 10 years and we have been receiving volunteers from the EVS program for 3 years.
We believe that the experience of a stay as a volunteer in another country, another culture, another language is a mutual exchange experience bringing unique and irreplaceable knowledge, values and attitudes to both, the volunteer and the host organization. We would like the young people who come to discover the realities of our community and to participate in our activities and coordinating committee to support projects, collaborating entities and young participants.
Our proposal is:
• Accompany and support the day to day activities of awareness about Fair Trade.
• Accompany and support the day to day activities in relation to the Clean Clothes Campaign and Responsible Consumption, especially in the area of clothing.
• Accompany and support the day to day activities of the Campaign Ethical finance.
• Accompany and support the daily activities related to the promotion of the Solidarity Economy
More concretely, activities the volunteers could be involved with and the activities the volunteers and the organization can create:
• Participate in meetings of the Fair Trade Consortium, formed by a group of six organizations working Fairtrade in the city and organizing the World Fair Trade Day celebration.
• Participate in workshops and lectures in awareness on solidarity economy, responsible consumption and fair trade for the general public.
• Participate in the work of management, supporting the Fair Trade shop and stalls in the fairs.
• Participation in the promotion of the Fair trade coffee in the catering establishments of the city.
Activities in which you can:
• Create Street actions with other young people involved.
• Participate in innovative proposals to promote Fairtrade in SETEM’s store and in the city itself. As creating windows display for the Fair Trade shop, etc..
• Once the volunteer knows the reality of the organization could make his or her project according to their knowledge, training profile, skills, etc.. Within the framework of the project itself and according to EVS.
1) Send us your CV and a Motivation Letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Answer this questionnaire to have more information about you:
3) Skype meeting with selected volunteers.
The project is located in Pamplona, Spain. Our office is placed in the city center.
The volunteer will be helped to find a good shared flat. There is the possibility to live for long or short period in a Full-Board Residence.
Food money and pocket money will be paid each month depending on the volunteer needs. Pamplona has a great public transports, but since it is a little city, the best way to move around is by bike.