Location: Sheffield, UK
Period: 01/10/2017 – 01/09/2018
Deadline: 16 April 2017
Regather & YDV are a family that works together & supports each other. We want to welcome three volunteers that are keen to learn, have initiative, are positive and enthusiastic.
Regather is the host organisation for the EVS. We are a worker cooperative with 8 staff and 4 regular volunteers. As a cooperative we all work together has a team and actively encourage members to develop new ideas and projects. Based in Sharrow in Sheffield we work regularly with the local community and work hard to try and improve the local area through events, projects and maintaining & improving the local green spaces.
Youth Discovery Ventures (YDV) is the coordinating organisation and is based in the same building as Regather. The two organisations work closely together and we are supporting Regather to deliver their EVS. YDV is experienced in delivering Erasmus Plus projects.
– During the summer, both YDV & Regather get busy with outdoor events management, including children’s activities, outdoor theatre & music festivals.
Volunteers also help Regather to host music, comedy, film & food events, including helping serve at the bar.
– Every week Regather packs 130 organic fruit and vegetable boxes from local
farms that are they delivered to our customers across Sheffield. Volunteers will help with the packing, promotion & customer relations
– Regather hosts one of the smallest breweries in Sheffield, where we brew our beer for sale at events. If you’re interested in learning about brewing, volunteers have the opportunity to help brew & get involved with marketing.
– Regather Works is based in an urban area of Sheffield with few green spaces. The small ones there are, Regather works to improve & manage them for the local community, including planting trees & edible plants.
– The volunteer will be also supported to develop his or her own personal project based on the project theme
Email your CV and Motivational Letter to email@example.com by 16th April. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted to arrange a skype interview between 20th-22nd April. All applicants must also provide details of their accredited sending organisation, ready for us to submit the funding application on 26th April.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.youthdiscoveryventures.co.uk/evs-in-sheffield.html