SEA IS LIFE 6
Location: ISLAND MURTER – CROATIA
Period: 02/05/2017 – 02/11/2017
Deadline: 14 April 2017
Environmental NGO looking for one and only, special volunteer to join other volunteer and Argonautas team in Sea is Life 6 EVS project in stunning Island Murter – Croatia!
Association Argonauta was founded in 2004, and is based in town Murter at the Island of Murter (Natura2000 site) in Croatia. Argonauta is non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organisation whit members, volunteers and employees from different walk of lifes.
Argonauta was founded by a small group of enthusiast from Murter with the purporse to have civil action throughout civil society organization, which would take care about conservation and protection of environemnt and nature of Island Murter and its surrandings.
Through so far operations Argonauta showed to be an active participant in discovering, protectiong and promoting yet unnown local resources of caltural and natural heritage and with this inspiration creating new values for the community.
Today Argonauta is present in local and regional level with the mision to contribute to sustainable development by finding an inovative solutions in heritage (both natural and cultural) valorisation, encauraging civil actvism (espc. Youth), multisectoral cooperation and social enterpreneurship. Argonautas operations are based on detaild analysis of the community needs.
Our strategic direction and goals in period 2017-2020 are:
1. Conservation of nature and environemnt
2. Revitalisation and valorisation of cultural and historical heritage
3. Encauragement of volonterism and international cooperation
4. Development of social enterpreneurship within organisation
Argonautas main activities are:
organizing different seminars, workshops, presentations according to current projects; running Island Sustainability Education Centre – organizing exhibitions, children educational and creative workshops, interpretation of natural and cultural heritage of Murter area to visitors of centre, creating publications and other promotional work for ISEC; development and implementation of different education programs (nature, environment) for children; organizing different voluntary actions in the community connected with sustainable development;
managing volunteer work within organization; networking with other local and regional stakeholders and international partners etc.
OUR AREA OF ACTIVITY: Sibenik-Knin County (Island of Murter)
OUR BENEFICARIES: citizens (children, youth and adults), entrepreneurs, civil associations and initiatives, local and regional self-government, public institution, tourism boards, media, donors, Croatian government and ministries, visitors and tourists.
OUR PARTNERS: municipalities, tourism boards, Sibenik-Knin county, local, regional, national and international (European) civil society organizations.
Argonauta has 4 employees, 1 intern and 2 long-term international volunteers. Organisation has 31 member. Argonauta operates in 2 equipted offices based in Murter Municipality building.
There are many activities that we plan to involve EVS volunteers in. We can group them as follows:
1. Educational Programs on biodiversity topics – help in developing and implementing
2. Eco-patrol programs – help in planing and implementing educational workshops
3. Public Campaigns – networking with Youth for Environment Europe NGO network for joint campaigns
The objectives of the proposed activities is to raise awareness of local community and general public about importance of sustainable development, nature conservation and environment protection. Objective is also to build competencies of the volunteers for future easier employment.
We plan the following activities in which EVS volunteers will have a chance to take part:
– to assist in daily update of youth INFO-point;
– to help in organizing local community events (voluntary actions);
– to help in developing short EVS project;
– to help in implementing youth exchanges – media team;
– to assist in writing different project proposals;
– to help in regularly update of http://www.argonauta.hr;
– to assist in the administration facebook profile of the Argonauta association;
– to make connections with other EU and neighboring countries EVS accredited organizations;
– to assist in establish communication with the organizations/institutions in volunteers home countries;
– to translate short announcements for the web in English or mother tongue;
– to promote Argonauta`s profile at social networks;
– to assist in designing, organizing and implementing creative workshops and materials on the topics of environmental protection, marine ecosystems and its biodiversity (children 5-8 years);
– to assist in promoting Educational Center Summer Children Program – creating and putting up posters, leaflet design and dealing daily in Summer months;
– to assist in the interpretation of Kornati archipelago biodiversity for visitors using different means available at the Centre;
– to assist in Argonauta`s presentations at different fairs and festivals in the County;
– to assist in organizing the school in nature activities (for special needs young people aged 10-18 years);
– to present its country (values, tradition,…) by holding presentations about their countries in local primary school;
– to have a creative input in picture books or puppet shows to be released by Argonauta;
– to assist in all other work that is on going in organization;
– to open and update BLOG on EVS experience;
– to help in producing digital media promoting the work of organization and EVS program (short video and radio forms);
– to take part in different workshops organized by Argonauta within other projects.
Europass CV in English
Motivation Letter (not more than A4 text)
by sending to partner organisation contacts:
For Polish candidates Semper Avanti email@example.com
For Italian candidates Legambiente Toscana firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to hosting organisation Argonauta for all other countries candidates: email@example.com