Neighborhood School Leipzig
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/08/2018
Deadline: 9 April 2017
The volunteer should enjoy working with children, be openminded and interested in free/progessive/reform pedagogy. A basic knowledge of German is essential. All volunteers must first apply to the coordinating organisation and will then be assesed by our own admission team.
Teachers and parents founded the Neighborhood School (NaSch) with the idea of creating a state school, which opens up inside and outside. We support the individual strengths and talents of the pupils as well as possible. To realise this, we use approved reform-educational forms of organization and methods. Within the educational and educational mission, it is particularly important for us to develop values and to live them – values such as the joy of learning, democracy and conflict management, freedom from violence and a willingness to take responsibility for themselves and others. We consider differences between people as an opportunity for a lively school. Friendliness and a respectful interaction with each other characterize the climate of the NaSch. The NaSch community sees itself as a part and model of a democratic society. Our school is a place of social learning, firmly anchored in the Leipzig district of Lindenau. School, nursery, after school care center and neighborhood are partners who work together transparently and for mutual benefit.
Volunteers can get involved in the kindergarten as well as in the day nursery (class 1 – 6). Possible tasks for the volunteers are:
– Accompanying the children and help in regular offers in kindergarten and nursery in a fixed group
– playing games, doing handicrafts etc. with the kids
– Participation in the free weekly group hour (nursers) or the morning circle (kindergarten)
– Accompaniment and participation in excursions and holiday offers
– Accompanying children at meals
– Implementation of projects in which the children get an insight into the home country of the volunteers and/or on the subject of Europe, languages
In addition we will realize several project days towards topics of europe / mobility in europe. The volunteers will be asked to take part, to learn methods and to make a presentation about his/her EVS and / or other mobility possibilities in Europe in a school class.
send your CV+motivation letter (in English or German) to firstname.lastname@example.org