Location: Bitola, Macedonia
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/08/2018
Deadline: 15 April 2017
If you want to volunteer in Macedonia and know how to do multimedia, photo and video editing, also want to teach Macedonians Italian language than we will be happy to welcome you in YMCA Bitola!
The objectives of the project are:
– Provide space to explore alternative methods of communication and create products to be presented and shared with the local community and online.
– Raise public awareness on issues concerning the local young people such as: protection of environment, pollution, etc.
– Build capacity of the hosting organization by using these alternative media such as: videos, graphic designing, blogs, newsletter, etc.
– Promote volunteering as a sustainable option in general and promotion of the EVS program in particular. Promoting the European citizenship and European mobility by organizing workshops, presentations, teaching about its own culture, traditions, and language etc.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host organization: YMCA Bitola, PIC no: 945909275
YMCA Bitola is a non-profit, nongovernmental, nonreligious and an inclusive youth association which aims to provide opportunities for local youth and to actively work with them in our community. YMCA Macedonia is a part of the YMCA family spreaded throughout 119 countries worldwide reaching over 58 million people. YMCA Bitola was established in May 2002.
The main goal of the Association is to provide activities and opportunities in the fields of non-formal education, promoting healthy lifestyles, arts and culture, and civil society that develop positive values and attitudes among young people.
MOTTO: Empowering youth!
VALUES that we nurture and support: Courage, Responsibility, Respect, Creativity and Care.
Task’s of the volunteer
– Working with video and photo (making, editing, promoting)
-Writing on blog and on social media
– Work on designing organizational promotional materials and newslatter
– Organize workshops, presentations, exhibitions and flash mobs in public places and in schools using the alternative media.
– Promote own culture through: language, music, food, lifestyle, etc.
– Teaching Italian language
– Organizing social events for local volunteers
– Promoting Erasmus+ and EVS in universities
– Work on additional projects as supplement to the main idea.
– Cooperate with YMCA Bitola volunteers and other local youth.
– Support YMCA Bitola in the other activities that are happening.
How to apply
Please complete the EVS application form:
and send it to us on: email@example.com. Only the short listed candidates will be contacted after the selection process takes place.
*There is a possibility of Skype interview also.